GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlmen, could you give me some advice as to what I will need and/or should purchase to wire the HF trailer that I just picked up to my 06 ABS? Thanks for all the good info that I find on this site.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The wiring is already in the frame on the HF tag along. All you have to do is hook them up. As stated earlier, the LED lights are much better. Also, if you dont have a 5 to 4 wire converter on your bike, you'll need one. The GW is a 5 wire set up and the HF tag along is a 4 wire set up.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
I installed a 5 to 4 converter on mine, and had a problem with the brake lights being dim, and the turn signals not working at all. It turned out that the converter was designed for LED's and wouldn't work with the stock bulbs. Bought a different unit and all was fine. Later on, I just replaced EVERYTHING with LED's anyway.
I guess what I'm saying is read the package for the converter to see if it's for LED's only.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the information. I plan or getting the LED lighting for it, and plan on getting a 5 to 4 converter. Also, what about the isolator for the bike? What brand do you guys recomend, and where did you get them? (both the isolator and the 5 to 4 converter?)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Some people have posted about the isolator from electrical connection. They have a website and their products are plug and play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts