GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 wing comfort package

I was in the trunk harness repairing wires because the rear speakers would not work. That is now done but my question is what are the other wires in the harness for.
Open the trunk and behind the left speaker there is a harness with 12 wires inside. Two are for the left speaker, 2 for the right speaker. Then there are 3 black, three white, a yellow with a red stripe and a red with a white stripe. What are these last 8 for? I looked in the wiring diagram of my shop manual but can not figure it out.

Thank you in advance
gil

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
No, the wires are 2 for left speaker, 2 for right speaker, 2 for heated backrest, and 6 not used for anything except going to an unused 2 position connector behind the backrest. 2 position connector with 3 white wires and 3 black. I don't know if that connector was meant for some add on accessory, or they felt like 12 wires in a bundle would somehow improve reliability using 6 additional wires vs only using 6 wires that actually function.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Isn't the trunk lock control unit between the inner and outer trunk lid?

Wiring for the trunk mounted (accessory) taillight?

Trunk light?

Photos 97 and 98 in the ETM

·
Registered
649 Posts
Go to a hobby shop and buy the same gauge silicone wire, used for high heat in battery paks. Replace the 3 inch bending portion of every wire on both sides wire bundle and be done with the problem. The wire falls like string and will not break from continuous bending.

·
Vendor
17,815 Posts
2010 wing comfort package

I was in the trunk harness repairing wires because the rear speakers would not work. That is now done but my question is what are the other wires in the harness for.
Open the trunk and behind the left speaker there is a harness with 12 wires inside. Two are for the left speaker, 2 for the right speaker. Then there are 3 black, three white, a yellow with a red stripe and a red with a white stripe. What are these last 8 for? I looked in the wiring diagram of my shop manual but can not figure it out.

Thank you in advance
gil
Go here and look for "Trunk Inner Light Harness." In that set of instructions it talks about the other 2 accessories that the harness works with ... Vanity Mirror and Inner Trunk Light. The other light option is for a spoiler with a brake light. On my Wing I have all 3. I use my Vanity Mirror with hair spray all the time :) That way my hair doesn't look like the blond guy with the bad comb-over who's on the news all the time !!!

http://www.justwings.com/Printed_Material.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts