GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I got the roadyxt xm satellite receiver. Now I want to hard wire it. Of course I have no idea how. I want to wire it into the power port I have in the box and into the aux. and of course the antenna. Where do I get the ends that fit into the receiver? Can anyone give me step by step instructions? Is there anyone close to Deland, Fl. that would like to help me? Wiring really scares me. It is a 2004 wing.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I just got a roadyXT also. I went to the dealer and had them install a power outlet in the left fairing pocket to plug power from Roady into. I had a mp3 player hooked into the AUX outlet so I just plugged the Roady into the AUX outlet and got bad sound and really bad whine/hiss so I unplugged it from the AUX and used the built in FM reciever instead....Bingo! great sound. I have the whole thing sitting in the left fairing pocket with the antenna velcroed to the top of the dash. This works o.k. but the wire for the antenna coming out of the pocket gets pinched when the door is closed. I am going to figure out how to velcro the Roady to the outside of the fairing pocket with the antenna on the dash then just put the Roady in the pocket when it rains. The swivel mount has 2 holes in it and I may drill 2 holes in the fairing pocket and screw it in if velcro doesn't hold it securely. Any more tips would be good.

Steve

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
On the LH fairing pocket, when you open the door, there is a lip that runs around the circumference of the opening. I took a pair of Dikes (***** ?) or Side Cutters and made 2 snips in that lip, about a quarter inch apart, at the bottom, and wiggled that small piece of 'lip' out so it makes a channel.
So, when ya close the pocket door, the antenna wire goes into that channel and doesn't get pinched. Works well for me........

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Venco Wings has the cable you want for around $13.
By the way you are probably going to require a noise filter, which they also carry.

I had mine (original Roady - no cradle) mounted above the Honda emblem, just below the radio with Velcro.

Didn't like it as the handlebars kept hitting and loosening it.

Found a nice mounting bracket to mount it over the right hand brake resevoir. Mounts the antenna with the radio.

Much nicer than before. Easier to see for these tired old eyes. Clean appearance.

Wish I could remember who makes it or where I got it.

Might try a search on this or the other board.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It's a Hoon mount on the reservoir...something to remember on the XT is that it is a 6volt unit. The adapter takes the 12volt down to 6volt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts