GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called Mayflower and they have decided to close down early for the season. :22yikes: I have let George know and we will have new information up shortly. The Mayflower said they will work with George to help us find a different hotel. More information coming shortly.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not part of any group chapters but know many fellow riders who are. I think Jerry who is with the Green Bay area will be there and a few from Madison. Please encourage several other members of your chapter to come. Everyone is welcome and the more the merrier. Looking forward to meeting you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Allthough Im a member of GWRRA. Im not part of any chapters. Nether are the people I ride with. I asked if you are because I have meet some chapter G people and had gone for a fall ride in the dells with them two years a go and had a good time. Also I was hoping to see familiar faces rather than crashing someones party. What would you say the average age is in this WI forum.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
. What would you say the average age is in this WI forum.
I have no idea but I act 14-16 most days:yes1:,,,,, I would think 50 would be somewhere average. Come on over we have a good time and heck some us of you may even like. There is one guy with a white wing with red stuff on the side I would shy away from. Rumor has it he is a trouble maker every chance he gets. FYI if your coming for breakfast with us best seats are by the wall :cool:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The Dells

Yep. just heard the same from Mayflower. Sometime in SEPT they will close. Well I am sure George and the Manager can work something. Often they will jsut transfer reservations to another place. Hopefully it works smoothe.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hi Gene are you part of chapter G? Im from west allis and was thinking of going for this fall ride.

This is an open forum thing. No "affiliation" required. Just riders riding on whatever they ride... there is one dress code... no thong... you know who you are! :shrug:

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Allthough Im a member of GWRRA. Im not part of any chapters. Nether are the people I ride with. I asked if you are because I have meet some chapter G people and had gone for a fall ride in the dells with them two years a go and had a good time. Also I was hoping to see familiar faces rather than crashing someones party. What would you say the average age is in this WI forum.
You should go. I'm not/never been a member of GWRRA. The girlfriend and I went to the spring Dells ride for the first time this year, we had a blast. We didn't know anybody. It's pretty hard not to get along with these guys.:nojoke:

I'm looking forward to crashing the party again this fall.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
.. there is one dress code... no thong... you know who you are! :shrug:
So now what am I going to do with the leopard print one :?

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
You should go. I'm not/never been a member of GWRRA. The girlfriend and I went to the spring Dells ride for the first time this year, we had a blast. We didn't know anybody. It's pretty hard not to get along with these guys.:nojoke:

I'm looking forward to crashing the party again this fall.:thumbup:
I agree ,I am really shy and bashful but these guys made me feel right at home :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I agree ,I am really shy and bashful but these guys made me feel right at home :thumbup:
:lol: that's funny stuff.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
It's GONNA happen

George told me the manager is calling him tomorrow. Perhaps it will get worked out or moved down the road...

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I heard the motel found out what a trouble maker George is on his white wing. I told you George it would catch up with you at some point. Why do I always have to be the voice of reason? ;)

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
George told me the manager is calling him tomorrow. Perhaps it will get worked out or moved down the road...
Thanks for the update, 3 turtles.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is no such thing as crashing this party. We welcome all and have a great time. I heard the manager say there was a problem with too many refrigerators in the parking lot, needs more yellow. If anyone is interested in coming please incourage them to come for the week end. You get to meet some great people and a lot of very interesting ones. ;) Sitting outside in the evening sipping something to thin your blood out and exchanging tales of past rides to different places is great. :thumbup: I look forward to hearing about the Rockies Gold Ride several riders will be going to.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
I look forward to hearing about the Rockies Gold Ride several riders will be going to.
Don't just hear about it...

Come on down and experience it!!!

I do understand about schedules, time and money...

I was in the Dells in my youth and it left an impression, that indentation on the side of my head!

We would love to be able to get up there for the fall colors, someday.

But that George fellow... :shock:

Ya'll have a great time!

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Gee Paul it would be great to have a legend in Wisconsin.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
But that George fellow... :shock:
He's alot to deal with all right
Been wanting to get up that way for free cookies for a long time now.
I could die tommorrow than what no more cookies will be distributed . Good news I am pretty sure I will make it till end of Oct ,so get over here for ride in and receive your cookies. I do not get your way much like the south more so delivery will be a long time coming. Your only hope is Dells ride in :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts