GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday (Jan. 2) the Doc is gonna remove two of the 11 screws holding my leg together as a result of a motorcycle wreck last summer. Haven't been on a motorcycle since last June.

In addition to the 11 screws, there is also a stainless steel plate and a titanium rod holding the two lower left leg bones together.

Doc sez the removal Friday will held stimulate additional bone growth. Here's hoping. Doc also said he'd think about removing the rod, plate and the rest of the screws sometime next summer. I told him that's motorcycle riding time and perhaps we'll wait 'til next winter. We'll see.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Ride Safe!

P.S. Someone said they saw a T-shirt that said, "If you don't limp, you ain't s**t." I qualify!!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Hey, Good Luck!!

Man, that sounds painful, but hopefully it will be an improvement. The Doc usually knows best, with good input from the patient. I now have a titanium plate in my neck as a result of my cervical surgery on Dec 9th. Getting stronger every day, but the nerve damage will take a long time. Am hoping that the fusion is going well and that I can ditch the cervical collar after Jan 19th.

Sure hope things go well with you -- my thoughts are with you.

Dave

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
All the best Man. I have plenty of stainless hardware in my right knee. I set the magnetometers off at the airports all the time.

Healing is slow, be patient, and focus on getting better and thanking those closest to you!

Good Luck

Bulldog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts