GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was working on loading my music files to the Garmin 2820 looks like it only takes MP3 files most of my music is WMA files.

Anyone had good luck with any freeware for the conversions?

Which one would you choose for ease of use?

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Media Player or whatever it is called in Windows is what I use, had to figure it out how to RIP to MP3 ( it was a drop down tab)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Itunes will also do the job.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I use Windows Media as well.

·
Registered
243 Posts
In Windows Media Player go to the RIP tab. Click on the little arrow just under RIP. Click on the FORMAT tab in the drop down menu. You will see MP3 there.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I use dBpoweramp, been around forever, will convert most anything to most anything.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

It may be more than you need. I find it easy to use, a simpler program may be easier.

If your WMA stuff came from a commercial download site, you may run into problems with Digital Rights Management.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Bald Eagle

Thanks Bald Eagle that Switch is what I was looking for the first few "freewares" I tried to use didn't work so well. i also got burnt on downloading a free ware last year so i was afraid of trying to many.

I think the issue is that when I ripped from the CD's they converted to WMA looks like if I change in the ripped at that time windows will bring them in as mp3's versus doing the conversion.

now to load up the garmin with some tunes while it is freezing out.

bet you are setting there on the beach thinking wow i would love to be up north now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts