GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is stupid question, but i'm gonna ask anyway. Yesterday i went for a 50 mile short ride and had something happen i have never felt before. the bike felt like it was going to wash out from underneith me. mostly around hard corners, but it felt like the tires where flat and shifting.It was 25 degrees so i thought maybe the tires temp was cold but my BMW never feels like this. The air pressure was correct r-40 ft-39. do i run different pressures in the winter on the wing? different tires? It did feel a little better at the end of the ride but still slowed me down quite a bit and overshot some corners. any help??/ thanks kevin

tires-goldwing-stock dunlops
BMW- metzler 880's

·
Registered
533 Posts
You did not say if you had pushed the Wing through some curves previously. If this was the first time for the tires to make contact at an angle, it could be the mold-release silicone that was causing the slip.

Your subject was Wobble Wobble. Were you wobbling through the curves, too?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Remeber racers warm the tires up before a race so the tires were cold and that means less traction because the compound is not soft enough to get max grip. My last bike was a Hayabusa and I could just spin the rear tire on a cold morning excelerating quickly and I was using a harder compound tire,But the GW tire is even harder for milage reasons, to fix it go to a soft tire but you will lose milage.

Patrick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts