GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the posts about it and decided to see what was up. I have an 06 with 3200 miles.

Got up to 45, put her in neutral and let her coast down thru to 30.

Sure enough the bars wobbled slightly but didn't get bad. You can't tell at all when you are riding. Which leads me to the conclusion:

You probably deserve the crash if you let it wobble without your hands on the bars.

·
Registered
922 Posts
leave it in gear and try it...Adds a little more down force to the front suspension, which will make the wobble more pronounced. Mine just started, so I am sure it has to be tire related. 3d set of tires.

·
Registered
547 Posts
These bikes have weights on the handlebars. Maybe the people that insist on riding with their hands off the bars merely need bigger weights.

·
Registered
19,441 Posts
ALL BALLS BEARINGS= No wobble

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I've ridden quite a few GL1800's (owned four, still have two) and have never, ever noticed any wobble in any of them. I've even tried to get mine to wobble a little and got nothing. My method was to take it up to 45 or so and let it coast back down to 30 with my hands just barely touching the grips. Is that the best way to check one?

Last week I unintentionally tested my '02 ABS Wing again while I was putting gloves on. I was up in the 45-50 mph range and had both hands away from the bars putting on gloves as it coasted down. I didn't notice any wobble or shimmy that was at all detrimental. I did this twice (two gloves, obviously) and, while I wouldn't recommend doing what I did, I sure won't be afraid to do it again.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Red said:
If you have to remove your hands from the bars and look for a wobble.....

You don't have a wobbler!
:duck:

FYI....
A wobbler will beat your shoulders up with hands on the bars going up in speed and coming down. Will also beat your arms up at steady speeds below 50mph. BTDT...twice :twisted:

A wobbler is born a wobbler. It comes out of the crate as one. :evil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts