1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good pair of women boots that are

1) Leather

2) Waterproof

3) Don't look like the "space-cadet" boots that many motorcycle riders seem to like.

These boots are for Cassie (daughter) who has agreed to let me ride her to work on the Wing as long as I can find her a pair of boots that she can wear all day and will pass her personal + peer standards :lol: :lol:!

I showed her the Lady Zip Cruiserworks boots, but she didn't like them. She preferred the Double-H women boots but I said no to them because they aren't really motorcycle boots (not sure about the construction quality + not waterproof).

Best Regards,

Shane

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I haven't bought any motorcycle boots for a long time so I'm not sure that there is a water-proof leather boot available. I have seen work type leather boots that are water-resistant, but they are treated with some kind of oil.
The boots that I've had that were resistant to water when new, still allowed water in after a while.

After having said that, I found these water-proof boots. L.L. Beam usually sells a quality product.

http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/5000976/page/1.html?

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... at=4214-tn

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
I have several pairs of Harley boots (made by Wolverine, and some by RedWing per another site member). Try this site, they have many styles and other brands to choose from. Free shipping, also on returns if necessary:

http://www.shoebuy.com/

·
Registered
291 Posts
You may also want to check out Cove Shoes or Danner (www.coveshoe.com and www.danner.com) They make excellent boots. I have a couple of the models and find them very comfortable all day. The product line is wide enough that you can choose what ever you like.

Charles

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Check with rangerjoes.com, Bates Waterproof Tactical Sport Boot @$79.99. They are mens but you can fit her for size. I have been wearing them for 3 yrs. My wife has the side zip for $69.99 although they are not waterproof, my wifes. This Boot feels like a tennis shoe. This Boot is also worn by Local police and tactical units.

·
Registered
635 Posts
These are great boots. I have had them all; Cruiserworks, Timberland, Nine West, Harley Davidson and these are the best and they aren't very motorcycle looking. Good Luck.

http://www.metricbikes-superstore.com/p ... ts_id=5622

What size is she? I would sell her a pair of these Lady Lace's if she is interested. I haven't worn them much, they are just a little too tight, but other than that, they are a great boot. My foot is just a little too wide for them.

http://www.cruiserworks.com/products.cfm#ladylace

Georgia :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Womens boots

My wife has Cruiser works boots and she loves them,Waterproof...Jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought my boots at Americade 3 years ago and have loved them ever since. They are Kochmann with sympatex- waterproof and comfortable. They are European sizing.

·
Registered
446 Posts
My wife has Cruiser Works Boots, . . . .and wouldn't give them up.

She says they are "wear all day long" comfortable and water-proof! When wife's happy, . . . . I am happy!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
iwing said:
Shane, I bought a pair for my wife, and she wore them once. (didn't fit her right)
They fit your description, and if the size is right I will give them to you. I can take a picture of them, and post it. It's the least I can do for some of the stuff you have done.
Every one thanks for the suggestions. I still wish I could talk her into a pair of Cruiserworks because they are the best boots I have ever owned (and I have worn Cowboy boots my entire life).

IWing,

I appreciate the offer - thank you very much.

Cassie is a size 8 to 8.5.

Best Regards,

Shane

·
Registered
826 Posts
Bought my daughter a pair for her birthday several years ago at the International Bike show in Dallas. She tried on several types and selected the CruiserWorks Lady Lace. They let her wear them inside the show and agreed to take them back if she didn't like them for any reason. They are still her favorites and she says they are very comfortable. She has a pair of Firstgear Gortex for really wet and cold days.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
iwing said:
eethomas said:
Snazzy Nazzy Biker said:
My wife has Cruiser Works Boots, . . . .and wouldn't give them up.
Mine too. She loves them.
Yes, but would they when they were 15?
[/quote
A man who UNDERSTANDS my predicament :D :D!

I at least don't have to explain to her that they need to WATERPROOF! In August 2005 we were riding through Yellowstone in August when we got hit with 40 degree weather and HAIL! Her clothes were WATERPROOF but she still froze because her boots were NOT!

Best Regards,

Shane

1 - 20 of 22 Posts