GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been on here in a while but did the woman bitching about the calender piss off anyone else as bad as me? What a joke, I bet she chews tobaco and carries a bilfold with a chain on it too. hahahh Ron

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm certainly no prude and have enjoyed the "plain brown wrapper" magazines as much as anyone over the years.....However, I was also surprised at the calendar/centerfold. Given the fact that, this is a guess, probably 90% of the people who receive the Wing World have constant co-riders who enjoy the wing as much as they do, or are female riders, I would venture a guess that there have been many complaints about this behind closed doors, but the woman that wrote in was the only one that had the nerve to write in about it. I believe we can find other avenues of viewing pleasure (eye candy) if we choose without throwing it in their faces.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
I, for one, think that the people who complained in Wing World need to get a life. I saw the calendar pictures and think they were completely tasteful. It's nice to see pictures of people who ride Wings that are not potbellied grandmas and grandpas. The last one was of a slim black lady wearing a leather vest. No lewd poses. What did you see? An exposed arm? Omigosh!
Someone is always looking to get their panties in a twist so they can vent and feel important.
Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff . . .

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
if i made a fuss about everything that offended me in life, i wouldnt have time to leave the house.

if something so little tips your cart, they need to raise their ticked off meter.

didnt these people ever go to the beach, or worse yet ever drive past a high school recently or the mall.

loren

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
For those of us that don't get the mag, I think someone should scan the pix into the puter and post them....so we can help make the decision whether they are fit to post or not. :lol:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Where did we ever get the idea that we have a RIGHT not to be offended?

And who gets to decide what's offensive?

The same people who thought it was cute for a presidential candidate to use the F word in a major political speech are terribly offended by a picture of a comely woman.

I like the pictures of good looking women. I don't like the F word (my son has Tourette syndrome, it's not that I'm a blue nose, I have a concrete reason to wince.)

I am not delusional enough to think that I can demand that everybody refrain from swearing just because it gores my cultural ox. I am amused by people who are misguided enough to think that, because of their little person hangup, men everywhere must refrain from looking at pictures of good looking women.

·
Registered
71 Posts
After reading the letter complaining about the calendar I had to go to the back issue to see what all the fuss was. I guess I'm not a prude because It didn't even registar as something that was out of place in the Wing World. I must be viewing to many x-rated e-mails and my mind has become imune to such things.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Bulldog said:
Phil,

I see you are covering your prurient interests.....LOL
Sorry Dawg, I can't even pronounce that! :lol: Someone from the site sent me a pic (and I'm not telling who), and I can't see a thing wrong with the January photo. GEEEZZZ!

·
Registered
533 Posts
We call it a Bitch seat....with good reason.

Finally, I got what the reference to a calendar was all about. Really, its about nothing. At first, I thought it was about G. Gordon Liddy's MC calendar, va-va-va-voom!

For the past year, WW has been putting in calendars that are more interesting than anything else in the magazine, but they are certainly not sexist. The Feb. issue has a family beside a Bike with Hack!

I will let my membership to the GWRRA expire this year, only because that organization is overpopulated with old farts who can't get past the Wings of yesteryear. If any of them get an 1800, they immediately start to add stuff to make it look and feel like a 1500. The WW editor himself said the reason for the calendar was to diminish the "too stodgy, too old-folks oriented".

Too stodgy?, if their membership was too stodgy, they would have complained about the calendar with young people being featured. Oh, that's right they did complain!

It would be a hoot (a Honda Hoot?) if the next WW issue showed an old fat woman eating an ice cream cone while leaning against a GL1500 Trike.:twisted:

I like you guys, most seem like bikers.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hey Phil: How about sharing the photo with the rest of us. I would like to see what all the fuss is about. We live in such a politicaly correct society that one has to think three times before one utters a word for fear another may be offended. My answer to that is too bad get use to the fact there are other people that have different ideas as to what is offensive and if you don't like it TOO BAD! And move on. :roll:

·
Registered
65 Posts
The ten commandments bothered some fellow and they put it away so no one could see it ,prayer in school bothered someone and they stopped the prayer .I say if it bothers someone because of prayer ,a rock with writing or a pictuer you dont aprove of just dont look ,dont touch it and especilly dont read it cause that is you right.but dont take it away from someone who likes it .

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
This is the pic of the January calendar from "Wing World" magazine, but I think you will have to follow this url to see it. The last thing I need is some bean counter suit telling me that I posted their pic without asking. :lol:

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data ... ms-med.jpg

I did say that it's from Wing World, didn't I?? :?:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Politically correct or just stupid?

Okay, I feel the need to chime in here.

I, for one, appreciate them showing an attractive woman on the calendar. I sure would not hang a calendar if it had my mom on there. The reality is that SEX sells. Go Wing World.

The next point that I feel the need to make is that women are MORE superficial than men. I learned that after getting married. Women want cute cars, cute shoes, cute bags, cute haircuts, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Men are "shallow" because we are attracted to cute women. But we ain't got nuttin on women in the shallow department. What man in his right mind would buy a pair of shoes without trying them on first? Or wear a paid of painful shoes because they were "cute"?

Gimme a friggin break.

My next point has to do with poliical correctness.

Recently a woman told me that she could make me "grovel" because I would want her soooooo badly. This statement was made in a group of people and no one blinked at her bold remark.

I told her that I would never grovel for any woman, and she would have a hard time getting any reaction out of me because I am not attracted to obese women.

You would have thought I called her dirty names. The group "oohed and ahhhed" at my remark and she started making derogatory remarks about my genitals.

I am sorry, but I simply stated facts. Obesity is a medical term and it has been defined over and over and over. I was not passing judgement, but I also know that she was clinically obese. But she went off the edge when I simply stated that I was not attracted to obese women.

I also am not attracted to redheads. So who would freak out over that?

Nature has taught us over and over that it is natural for every species to be attracted to the healthiest and most attractive potential mates. I am not going to aplogize for being attracted to pretty women.

I would never go out of my way to be hurtful towards someone that is obese, but I am not going to eat a bunch of crap that they spew my way either.

So what is next? Will I have the right to be offended when I am 80 and someone refers to me as an old man? Will I be able to file a lwasuit and force 21 year old women to date me?

Gimme a break.

·
Chard Member
12,974 Posts
Phil....Please remove that link. That picture has "SEX" written all over it! It makes me so nervous I can barely type this. :x <grin>
The couple on the front cover of the Jan issue are sickening also. The way they are looking at each other has to be illegal. I wonder what thoughts are going through thier heads! :( Nasty Stuff! :oops:

You will find more than a fair share of PP&S in the GWRRA organization. I have met many that are good people, but many are different than I am. I enjoy the Wing as a motorcycle. Many of them seem to enjoy it as a social tool! Try riding a HD with a nice set of pipes to a Chapter meeting! It's funny as heck to watch the people. LOL!! Been there....Done that!

In the 70's most of the Prudes & Snobs were riding the BMW's. I'm afraid "WINGERS" have a lock on that title now! :(

I have enjoyed Wings for the last 24 years, but please don't refer to me as a "WINGER"! :D

Just My Opinion!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts