GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a riding jacket for my wife. It will be a hassle as she does not want to wear a protective jacket and so will not go looking at them. I see several manufacturers are making jackets cut for a woman's figure although many only have sizes for the Twiggy type very slender woman. Happy to say that my wife has a bustline and therefore needs a jacket to fit. So I am searching for a jacket that has a feminine cut and looks feminine, it should go down to the hips to prevent cold wind from entering. I will also want a mesh summer jacket but those are fairly easy to find. Any suggestions from those whose wife has such a jacket?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm looking for a wife that will fit a jacket like that!

OOPS. I mean a jacket that will fit my wife also.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
My wife just got a Tourmaster jacket and it looks sharp on her.
Nicely padded for just-in-case, not too stiff, good vents here and there for springtime rides.
I don't know the style though.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hi,

I have these jackets listed below, one for summer and the other for colder weather. They are both made for a woman and VERY flattering....she would love these. Don't even know the protection or padding is even in these jackets....I'm by no means a twig like most things are made for, but can wear these jackets....

Power Trip Ladies San Jose Jacket - White
http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm1/appare ... ackets.htm
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have this jacket for those colder days, although this is a man's picture, they do make this jacket for women, i just can't find one at the moment.

River Road 2006 Textile Jacket - Black
http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm1/appare ... n-2006.htm

Hope this helps, if you need anything else, be glad to help.

Good luck,
Georgia :)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
jacket

Arn Butt Bill said:
My wife just got a Tourmaster jacket and it looks sharp on her.
Nicely padded for just-in-case, not too stiff, good vents here and there for springtime rides.
I don't know the style though.
My wife (and I) has a Tourmaster Transition jacket, has CE approved padding, drops below the hips, in the silver color. Purchased from Newenough.com for $135.00 shipped. Better be cold outside though, extremely warm, even without the quilted lining. :snow1:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Go to www.newenough.com
They have a ton of womens coats and clothes in a lot of different brands and sizes, with very low prices. We have bought several items from them and have never been disappointed yet.

·
Registered
872 Posts
One feature you want to look for in a jacket is a two-way zipper. When the passenger is sitting down and the jacket they are wearing comes down below the waistline, the jacket should have a zipper that will unzip at the bottom. That allows the jacket to spread apart without pulling up.

My wife was quite frustrated trying to find a jacket with this feature, but finally settled with a First Gear Kilimanjaro. And she is very happy with it. They come in a variety of colours.

We bought ours from PowerSports4less at a good price.

http://www.powersports4less.com/default.asp

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
My wife has a TEKNIC Sevilla, very nice jacket, go to clothing places and go to closeouts, i saw a nice one i think @ New Enough Leathers or Tonker. Just shop around and think "Closeouts" for a good buy! Well I was wrong, the Tecknic Jacket that I saw was at IRONPONY.com @$69.99. But still think closeouts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts