GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Won’t you be my neighbor?

I think you should all read this thread if you happened to skip over it in search of some comedy mixed in with learning more about your Wing and the sport of motorcycling that we all love.

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3435518&posted=1#post3435518

Although I think the author of video which that thread was based on is narrowly chasing discussion, his fear and certainty that a few Dictator States are spawning an Army of covert and overt Jihadist that are infiltrating the highest echelons of Western Civilization to overthrow the West in a new Islamic Fascist Cold War is out there in the stratosphere of throwing more fuel on the fire to maintain the current status quoe and highten violence through fear and frankly laughable when you look at the actual forces on the ground literally or politically regardless of his over the top attempts at pretending it is only the “Jihadist “ he fears as he clokes himself in his "left" political background.

He seems certain it is up to the West to gather the will and an iron fist to stamp out all those religiously intolerant loons that live under Dictatorship or else! I am not saying but I am thinking this guy needs a bit of distance between his fears and the actually numbers he fears and frankly I think this is not “our” fight and will be dealt with within these Dictatorships one way or another and the Iron Fist of the West is but fuel on the fire pretending to control the burn and wholesale resource grab that has been going on for the past 100 years.

I am just so not here for this S*it! Tounge and cheek is all good and the more speach the better but not here in my opinon.

Anyway, that thread set me off! I am here for the comedy, a few laughs serious or not with all of our combined motorcycle experience and follies, some thoughts from fellow Wing riders, and to learn some more about the Wing and motorcycles as well as sharing some of my experiences with the Wing and my other motorcycle experiences when I feel they may be of use to other forum readers with some comedy, seriousness when called for, and mostly light hearted grins thrown in.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
there is a reason I skipped over it...now I remember why...

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
To be honest, it wasn't until beginning to participate in a couple of motorcycle forums that I have run into an absolutely SHOCKING level of hatred, intolerance, general vileness and rampant illogic.

I guess we get spoiled living in the little bubble that is our life.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
There is quite a bit of that, isn't there?

·
Banned
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my 2mpg fly by

Left this at that thread and I am done with it!
Hope it finds traction.

Frankly I would actually prefer it if I got to know all of you better and not create distance or wedges.

Regardless of anything we all share a common passion for the Wing and motorcycles and have a lot to learn from each other.

I am far from certain about most things. However, I would strongly discourage threads such as this being posted here. Unless they are obviously comedy and light hearted. There is plenty of time for these political and religious conversations to take place in our travels as we meet each other and share our common interest in the Wing and motorcycles around campfires, on rides, or over breakfast on a Saturday morning.

We will often strongly disagree, about motorcycles and politics but I think it is in out Biker nature to hear one another out face to face and still enjoy our common bond. This forum is not the place; however, for overt politics or religion other than lighthearted elbows now and then to add some flavor.

I strongly feel overt political and or religious threads that do not have a thing to do about motorcycles chase new members away and are frankly not a damn thing to do about the passions we share in common. I would actually engage them vigorously in person and welcome them but this is not the place.

Certainly grab your politically incorrect squirt gun and have it with all of your sarcastic, critical, and all around lightheartedness near all the edges of moving the motorcycle conversations forward.

However, leave this direct political and religious discussion out of your visits here but with all sincerity feel free to express yourself.

These conversations will lead to nothing but division over the internet and are best left to face to face communication and expression.

What did you see and do on your Wing today? I seriously doubt you were anywhere except in the moment with you and your motorcycle.

I think that is why we are all here.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
seriously

Then why did you repost it? The simplist way to discourage this crap is to to ignore it. I didn't read it before, or this time, in spite of your efforts to get me to. Think about your part in this.

Richard

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
To be honest, it wasn't until beginning to participate in a couple of motorcycle forums that I have run into an absolutely SHOCKING level of hatred, intolerance, general vileness and rampant illogic.
I have met a number of really interesting, intelligent, and good-natured people on motorcycle forums - especially here. But now and again I run into people like you describe above.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts

I guess we get spoiled living in the little bubble that is our life.
Frankly, this is nothing. You should see what's going on in the real world.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts