GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife, the love of my life,won a Honda DN01 at the Puget Sound Ride for Kids this Sunday. Cool . She says we get to keep it to. I know they are strange looking, but what the heck, the price was right.And I've always said you can't have to many motorcycles.
**** :coffee1:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Wow!!!! Lucky her (and you) !!!!
Have her play the numbers this week!!!

If she wins - I am in for 10% :) :) :)

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Pictures, we need pictures!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Congrats! Your lucky day for sure.
A dealer near here had a drawing to give away a bike recently. Can you believe the guy who won it can't be contacted or located after almost a month. Poor sap, it's about to go to someone else.

·
Registered
20,014 Posts
Honda must be giving them all away since they can't sell them. A friend of mine won a DN-01 at a Ride For Kids event about 3 months ago here in Cleveland. She still hasn't received it yet however because of a clumsy fork lift driver. I'm looking forward to taking a ride on it.

Surprisingly, her boyfriend's name is also ****.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
is it not true that you have to pay income tax on the value of it:shrug:

Yep. You do. A buddy of mine won a m/c by making a hole in one at a golf outing, and he got a 1099 for the MSRP of the bike.

Depending upon your tax bracket, it could get expensive. :eek:4:

He sold the bike (a 1200 Sportster), paid the income taxes and made a quick $5k on the deal. :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,462 Posts
cool
you can never have too many bikes

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
:congrats:

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yup, we have to pay all the taxes, but thats ok. We were told that they value it at about $8900, insted of the 15grand msrp.

·
Registered
642 Posts

That's wonderful!! BOY! What a smooth a silk bike!! My wife owns a DN-01 and loves it!! She is always in the right gear. She is back on two wheels after many years of Goldwing Trikes and just enjoying the heck out of the twisties again!

Keep us informed how the wife and the Dino work out.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Honda must be giving them all away since they can't sell them. A friend of mine won a DN-01 at a Ride For Kids event about 3 months ago here in Cleveland. She still hasn't received it yet however because of a clumsy fork lift driver. I'm looking forward to taking a ride on it.

Surprisingly, her boyfriend's name is also ****.
That's odd, a friend of mine here won one in May, but delivery was delayed because "fork lift accident". Honda of Tulsa had to replace some panels and the seat to make it new. He is having to pay tax based on the 1099 sent to him from Ride for Kids.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Hft cvt dn01

Congratulations. What a great bike--sort of a mini-rune! My son really wants one.

I'm pretty sure the DN01 has an HFT transmission. I just traded in a similar 650 Burgman with a CVT. If these are similar transmissions, the trick is to remember that the throttle IS the clutch! So, throttle control is the key to smooth takeoffs and stops. You can't slip the clutch to smooth out normal/choppy throttle control.

• She'll have a smoother ride if she accelerates in one smooth, continuous roll on.
  • Same with slowing down. She might want to keep the gas on, at least a little, until she is ready to roll off and slow down in one continuous motion.
  • For a corner, rolling off will apply rear wheel braking (so she may want to add more front brake by hand), then roll on once and keep rolling on smoothly as she zooms around the curve.

I had a heck of a time adapting to the changes, but I finally learned to be much more subtle and smooth with that right hand. Good luck. Enjoy.

:congrats:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts