1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Thanks Galute, I'm just wondering who the first naysayer will be to discount the video. I know the Dyna Beads style of balancing beads work like a charm for us.

Bradford

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Now, that was cool. I didn't know how the Dynabeads work, just that they do. Thank you.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
That explains my theory, a unbalanced tire will create a uneven (cupping) wear! My front Stone mounted new with beads has over 14,000mi and looks like new except for tread depth! I am completely sold......... Thanks Galute

·
Registered
9,115 Posts
This is a good one too. After watching these two videos, I don't know how anyone can dispute their effectiveness.

·
Registered
902 Posts
That explains my theory, a unbalanced tire will create a uneven (cupping) wear! My front Stone mounted new with beads has over 14,000mi and looks like new except for tread depth! I am completely sold......... Thanks Galute
Based on the videos and the quote above, a slight to extreme unbalanced tire will wear poorly. If one reason for cupping is inbalance, could this also be the reason for the front tire wobble?

I would be curious to know how many riders if any that use dyna beads have the wobble.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I would be curious to know how many riders if any that use dyna beads have the wobble.[/quote]

I had beads in a set of Metzlers and I had a wobble, put Avons on no more wobble. No Metz for me anymore, I had issues with 3 sets of them. :roll:

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
seems like pretty good video but i'm still not sure

the plastic bottle video almost makes me laugh

this type of balancing has been around for at least 30 years, seems like if it actually works it would have totally replaced the wheel weights method a long time ago, but it sure wouldn't be the first time a good product was overlooked

i have dyna beads and plan on trying them this spring

anyone interested in some real good deer whistles ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
In both the demos, the balanced object seemed to be rotating much faster than our tires would. Maybe this is an illusion. My question is, at what speed does the effect start to be effective?

Opinions begin.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Galute - good demo. I have beads to go in my next new tires (bridgestones).

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Does anyone know if you can use them in a tube tire. Bushtec in question

M

·
0 Posts
Can you guys that run these beads tell me if they used a filler tube to install these or will they go past the 90 degree angle stock valve stems.

After you put the beads in the tires and when it is time to replace the tire, It looks like they will make a mess all over the shop floor.
Or does most of them stay in the tire? Thanks

·
Registered
9,115 Posts
After you put the beads in the tires and when it is time to replace the tire, It looks like they will make a mess all over the shop floor.
Or does most of them stay in the tire? Thanks
If you remember to tell your "installer" they're in the tire (or if you remember yourself if you do your own), then will stay in the tire. Scoop them out and reuse them.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
There are 2 reasons I do not run Dynabeads. First, I don't want to deal with the mess when chaging the tires. Might be petty, but so be it.

Second, I think they have the potential to CREATE the problem they are supposed to fix. If you get a flat and patch it with a rope plug you are inserting a sticky rope through the tread. The sticky part will catch the beads and the beads will now start to throw the tire out of balance.

Finally as to the cupping being prevented with Dynabeads I have to really scratch my head about that one. That makes no sense to me at all. Cupping is caused by the tire stretching to conform to the road in a turn. The stretching of the shape causes the rubber to wear differently than if the tire is always perpendicular to a flat surface. The beads may be good but they ain't that good.

If you want to ride with them, then go ahead. But I don't think they are for me.

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Does anyone have any info on possible benefit from performing a traditional lead weight static balance first and then adding dynabeads for dynamic balance and 'fine tuning' of the static balance?

Would this be as good as a dynamic balance using a rotating wheel balancer?

·
Registered
91 Posts
This might be a silly question, but can you use dynabeads with an internal tire sensor pressure monitoring system?
I probably know the answer, but have to ask anyway.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts