GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like my riding will be over for a while. Last night I triped and fell. Broke my arm at the ball/shoulder. Hurts like hell right now but I'm trying to go without the painkillers.

Was looking forward to a nice weekend ride, but no way now. I'm trying to get into the Orthapedist(sp) today or tomorrow.

What a PITA.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Sorry to hear that... I'm sure your bike will miss you.
Don't try to be too brave with the pain killers, pain can actually slow healing!

Get better by spring!
Prayers for quick healing.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
While I haven't had a broken shoulder, I have had shoulder surgery.
I wasn't much on taking the pain pills either, so I would take half of one just to take the edge off.

Still had some discomfort, but at least I wasn't in agony. It allowed me to at least rest, so you might want to give it a try.

Hope you heal up soon. Take care,
Dep

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Hey John I am sorry to hear that. It will heal but the down time will suck.

Thanks for the info you sent me on riding in your area we had a heck of a time. Stayed in Branson for a week and never went to a show as we were to busy riding. We did finally see the elk after our second ride to Ponca.

Euraka Springs was great but the ride there even better. We had a chance meeting with the Yellow Hot Rod and we had a real nice spirited ride.

We will probably head back down in the spring and maybe we can get together.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. That is not fun.

The pain killers are there for a reason. Take them as perscribed and you will be better off for it.

I just went through the same thing with painkillers and found out they really do help.

Heal quickly an get back on that bike... That is an order :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope everything heals well and you are able to get back on the cycle soon. It is a real bummer when you can't ride for what ever reason.

·
Registered
20,950 Posts
ooooouch ! that sure does sound painful , how long is something like that supposed to take to heal ? on the bright side consider yourself lucky to live in a time of modern medicin, 50 years ago the problems would have been a lot worse

i hope u have goodluck healing

·
Registered
691 Posts
John,
Look at the bright side (if there is one), its happen over the winter months! By summer time you hopefully will be back in the saddle. In the mean time... heal well my friend.

Dennis

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Sorry about your injury. I had a similar break from a fall skiing. Hurt like the dickens. The others are right about using the pain medication; it helps you heal, and will allow you to start rehabing sooner. I think the key to recovery is to start the rehab exercise as soon as it's safe.

Heal fast and get back on your bike!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
OzarksF6 said:
Well it looks like my riding will be over for a while. Last night I triped and fell. Broke my arm at the ball/shoulder. Hurts like hell right now but I'm trying to go without the painkillers.

Was looking forward to a nice weekend ride, but no way now. I'm trying to get into the Orthapedist(sp) today or tomorrow.

What a PITA.
Hey John, I guess someone should ask the obligatory stupid questions...
Why'd you do that? :lol:
What were you thinkin'? :lol:
You mean you fell for that old one? (no applause necessary)
No more ridin' huh? Well, them's the breaks. (insert Groan here)
Seriously though, do those exercises and the rehab will go much faster.
I'm only an amateur at messing up, and don't work at it like you do.
Hey folks, it's his occupation. Says so right in his profile.:lol:
A little laughter helps the pain. Just not always the one who's got it.:lol:
DC

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Bummer......at least it winter time..if that helps :cry:

heal fast

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
:idea: Sorry to hear about your LUCK "BAD LUCK", If your Wing needs a exercise mabey I can ride over and Ride it for ya!
Heal Fast
Jim

W

·
0 Posts
What a Pita indeed.

Never had a broken bone, but it sure doesn't sound like fun.

Come on the board once in awhile, and we'll help the time pass faster.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Hope you heal quickly. Remember, Morphine is your friend.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts