GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday went to move bike ,turned on key , hit starter, neutral light went out and thats all. What do i look for to get Neutral lightback . Thanks ahead of time. Pretzel

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Me thinks I would check the battery first................................

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Batteries don't last forever. How about some more info. How old is the battery, how long since you rode the bike, etc?

·
Vendor
17,378 Posts
Clean, inspect, and tighten the battery connections and test the battery. You may have to charge it first.

·
Vendor
21,873 Posts
After all the other electrical problems you have had on this bike, it is hard to say for sure. I guess I'd have to start all over at square one again. My gut feeling is that the original problem your bike had still exists and hasn't been repaired, and due to the strange behavior of it, my first suspicion is you have a bad ground somewhere on the bike, or in one of the junction connectors in the wire harness.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
After all the other electrical problems you have had on this bike, it is hard to say for sure. I guess I'd have to start all over at square one again. My gut feeling is that the original problem your bike had still exists and hasn't been repaired, and due to the strange behavior of it, my first suspicion is you have a bad ground somewhere on the bike, or in one of the junction connectors in the wire harness.
I seem to have endless problems with batteries myself. Got a couple years out of the factory battery, then a couple of Sam's, a Yuasa, another Sams, and last July got some new "Gel" battery from O'Reilly's. All of the replacements lasted a year or so, except the last one, which died sometime in the six weeks while I was sick with pneumonia right after Thanksgiving. I don't mind the battery running down because I forgot to put the tender on it, but all of those replacement batteries, when I took them in to be charged, had a "dead cell" in them. Is this just the way modern batteries are, or could there be a short or ground problem in the bike that's killing them during idle periods? Seems like I ought to get more than a year out of them... (Sorry if this is a thread hijack, but the question seems relevant....)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Installed new battery 2 weeks ago, worked fine foe one week. Now 1 week later, neutral light blinks, then go's out. Cleaned cables ,checked voltage 13
.2. also rev light blinks .????any ideas of what is wrong?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts