·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So your happy with that tire is it a rf
Yes I am happy I can get a replacement for the one I have on now. After running it in the mountains I decided to take it off and save it for my next trip. Now I can order one and have a spare on hand! No it is not a run flat.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what's the advantage of going this route ? Y U do It ?
Here are a few reasons from a list Murgie has in his signature! It's a good place to start. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

20 reasons to use a car tire. (By richard h) 1. Available in Run Flat. 2. Longer lasting. 3. Doesn't delaminate. 4. Doesn't explode. 5. Quieter. 6. Better traction in dry. 7. Better traction in wet. 8. Better traction in snow/slush. 9. Better performance on dirt/gravel. 10. Better traction when braking. 11. Smoother ride. 12. Higher load capacity. 13. Capable of higher PSI. 14. Capable of performing with lower PSI. 15. Runs at lower tire temperature. 16. Costs less. 17. Better balanced (fewer weights required, if any at all) 18. It looks way cooler than that skinny OEM MC tire. 19. The more we ride on a CT, the more it bothers the naysayers 20. You can buy a 195/55/16 or a 205/55/16 almost any where tires are sold. NOT A RUN FLAT. But a tire to get on down the road. (galewing) 21. All I got them for is so that when I do a burn out and the cops stop me I can say, Look, thats a car tire mark, I'm on a motorcycle. (winged troll) 22. You can get a cool T-shirt. 23. Some GL1500 owners have reported an increase in Gas Mileage. (Thanks Alex Bereczky!)

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only difference I see between it and the Falken is the bike flicks easier. It has nice rounded shoulders. When I was in the mountains with JP, Rail, and Red Bird, I gave it a pretty good workout (I am not the caliber of rider the others are). I let Rail, take it for a ride and he seemed to liked it too!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No problem 4 PT. that's what's so good about the Darksiders, everyone is so willing to help others. If you try one, be sure to let us know what you think!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
walmart finally had enough bags to make more tires:eek:4: glad that you got your special tire again and enjoy the ride do they still come with the sunny girls :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
walmart finally had enough bags to make more tires:eek:4: glad that you got your special tire again and enjoy the ride do they still come with the sunny girls :thumbup:
Wing Nut, thanks I plan on ordering one very soon.:thumbup: As far as the girls go, I don't know! If I remember rightly, it was you that introduced them to us!:shrug::shrug::shrug:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now the most important question...the Sunny or the G-Max? :shrug:
I don't have a real good place close by to shake the G-Max down like y'all do, but I see a run up to Tenn. coming. One thing I like about the Sunny over the G-Max is the rim protection it has. The sidewall seemed to be close to the Hankook I just took off, but without the thick rim protection. After I get it on the Wing I will let all the air out of the tire and see if it falls on me:eek:4: or holds the bike up.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 17 of 17 Posts