GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe some of you know I been wanting to trade my 2003 red Goldwing for another red 2014 Goldwing.
But something about the 2014 Goldwing didn't give me that WOW facture, then I realize what it was.

Honda did away with the nice silver side panels and color matched them to the bike.............YUCK!

I wanted a blue for a change, but I thought the 2014 blue looked purple, another YUCK!

Almost went with another red 2014 GL1800...... when it happen.

I walked into the 4th Honda dealership closest to me and there it sat.:bow:

A never registered, brand new 2012 Goldwing in that pretty sky blue with silver panels that the dealership had in storage until recently.

I saw it and swear, I was like a kid with his first trip to Disney World. :yes:

I said to myself.... Mikey Likely. :)

After two days of calls back and forth with a couple visits to the dealership, :call: I got my price down with trade out the door :biker: including tax, registration, and License. :yes1:

Now, Is this a great world or WHAT???

I take delivery in a couple days.

Am I excited, You Bet. :yes:

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Congrats on the find, but you know the rules. WE NEED PICTURES! :thumbup::thumbup:

·
IronMan
17,472 Posts
:congrats::congrats::thumbup:

·
Registered
693 Posts
I am thankful you found a bike to buy.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Glad to read you got it out the door, as riding it indoors could be a tad difficult; getting it home would be even more difficult. ;)

While the early and middle 2000's were good for the Gold Wing, the 2012 and later models are even better. You are going to love it. :thumbup:

And yes, post pictures and have a blast with the new GL as you add accessories and pile on the miles. :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
it was started for the new style in 2012 so there would be no confusion when talking about the second generation 1800. They dont need to change it utill a 3rd generation or a larger designation occurs in the future.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Maybe the phrase, "Second Generation - 2012 and Newer" can be added to the subforum name.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it was started for the new style in 2012 so there would be no confusion when talking about the second generation 1800. They dont need to change it utill a 3rd generation or a larger designation occurs in the future.
Thanks You Sir for clearing that up........:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts