GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I can afford it right now... But J&M and others are now selling the Nolan N-103 with and without headsets.

The N-100E was my first modular helmet and still works though the two handed latches are a pain as is mounting a headset.

I have an HJC Symax I bought from someone here on the forum which is in my main helmet. Headsets mount ok, but keeping them in place is more difficult due to the open ear area.

While the N-103 I'd want is about $500... it has a single latch like the HJC, an INTERNAL sun visor/sunglasses so can be used with the face portion up or down and the 584 series J&M headsets already mounted. (For more you can get the bluetooth model so no cord is needed.)

· Registered
3,698 Posts
While the N-103 I'd want is about $500....
WOW Rick, I thought I was crazy when I paid $425.00 for a full-face Aria Profile some years back.
Go for the N-103, you deserve it....................:yes1:

· Registered
87 Posts
Not that I can afford it right now... But J&M and others are now selling the Nolan N-103 with and without headsets.

The N-100E was my first modular helmet and still works though the two handed latches are a pain as is mounting a headset.

I have an HJC Symax I bought from someone here on the forum which is in my main helmet. Headsets mount ok, but keeping them in place is more difficult due to the open ear area.

While the N-103 I'd want is about $500... it has a single latch like the HJC, an INTERNAL sun visor/sunglasses so can be used with the face portion up or down and the 584 series J&M headsets already mounted. (For more you can get the bluetooth model so no cord is needed.)
Just ordered 2 new Nolan N-103s (yeller, of course) for my wife and myself, with J&M 584 pre-installed. Got em at wingstuff.com for $461.27 (with VIP discount and free shipping). I recommend that you find some place to try one on before you buy, and check that chin clearance. It is a little tighter than the N-102.

· Registered
87 Posts
You need to shop around a little more. I have seen the Nolan N103 for as low as $299.

http://www.compacc.com/prod.cfm/cid...m=51521535 zmas=2 zmac=2 zmap=NO-S103-2X-CORD
I don't get your point. The same Nolan N-103 helmet that they want $299 for at the link you posted is only $278.99 on wingstuff.com. Now, don't get me wrong. I don't have a dog in this fight. You buy your stuff wherever you choose. But to be clear, the $461.27 price I quoted is for the N-103 helmet WITH the J&M Elite headset pre-installed. The same setup (without the J&M pre-installed) is $489.98 plus shipping from from CA.

· Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
I just ordered a pair of Nolan 103's from Sierra..., one Pearl Ivory (for me) and one Pearl Lime (for the SO)..., with 584 Elite headsets (the ones specific to the Nolan 103) installed..., $997 including shipping. They were supposed to arrive by FedEx today (Friday), but that big storm up north this week delayed the FedEx truck (I bet UPS would have kept the schedule :lol:) so delivery date is going to be next Tuesday.

Cant wait to try them out. I already have the guy who pin-striped my bike all ready to do the helmets too. :excited:

· Vendor
23,401 Posts
I don't get your point. The same Nolan N-103 helmet that they want $299 for at the link you posted is only $278.99 on wingstuff.com. Now, don't get me wrong. I don't have a dog in this fight. You buy your stuff wherever you choose. But to be clear, the $461.27 price I quoted is for the N-103 helmet WITH the J&M Elite headset pre-installed. The same setup (without the J&M pre-installed) is $489.98 plus shipping from from CA.
I was replying to the original (first) post in the thread. To tell you the truth, I didn't even see your post. Sorry.

· Registered
87 Posts
I was replying to the original (first) post in the thread. To tell you the truth, I didn't even see your post. Sorry.
No problem. Just one beggar telling another beggar where to get a scrap of bread. ;)

· Registered
87 Posts
I just ordered a pair of Nolan 103's from Sierra..., one Pearl Ivory (for me) and one Pearl Lime (for the SO)..., with 584 Elite headsets (the ones specific to the Nolan 103) installed..., $997 including shipping. They were supposed to arrive by FedEx today (Friday), but that big storm up north this week delayed the FedEx truck (I bet UPS would have kept the schedule :lol:) so delivery date is going to be next Tuesday.

Cant wait to try them out. I already have the guy who pin-striped my bike all ready to do the helmets too. :excited:
Wow! Sounds like you got the deal! I looked at Sierra, but got a price of $504 each. BTW, my wingstuff order was supposed to be here today (Friday) also, but got held up by the weather. I hate to tell you this, but they are coming via UPS. :cry:

· Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Wow! Sounds like you got the deal! I looked at Sierra, but got a price of $504 each.
That's what I got the first time I looked, but then realized I was making the wrong selection. Cant remember the details, but the correct combo was $498.50 each (without the Z-cord, which I have from my current headset).

BTW, my wingstuff order was supposed to be here today (Friday) also, but got held up by the weather. I hate to tell you this, but they are coming via UPS. :cry:
Drat! There goes THAT theory... :lol::lol:

· Registered
3,442 Posts
Is the Nolan N103 easy to get on & off with glasses on?
Yep. I have no problem with that. I have the set up with the headsets... works great.

The only problem I had with the N103 is that it is significantly tighter in the upper ear areas to me than the 102 was. I had to shave out a significant amount of foam in these areas to be comfortable with my glasses on.

· Registered
4,702 Posts
I strongly urge you to try the Nolan on and wear it around for a while. HJCs fit me very well, but I found the Nolan and Fulmer helmets just don't feel right, and the strap system on the Nolan quickly started to choke me. I ended up with the SYMAX II and it fits great. My head spends too long at a time in a helmet to have it be the slightest bit uncomfortable. Features, looks, percieved minor quality differences all trail behind comfort for me!

· Registered
20,601 Posts
I strongly urge you to try the Nolan on and wear it around for a while. HJCs fit me very well, but I found the Nolan and Fulmer helmets just don't feel right, and the strap system on the Nolan quickly started to choke me. I ended up with the SYMAX II and it fits great. My head spends too long at a time in a helmet to have it be the slightest bit uncomfortable. Features, looks, percieved minor quality differences all trail behind comfort for me!
+1 whatever helmet you buy try it on in a store at least 20 minutes. Go with fit and comfort,

· Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Is the Nolan N103 easy to get on & off with glasses on?
That was my first test when the new helmets arrived today..., and it seems to be pretty good. In fact, I found it easier putting the helmet on with the glasses in place, rather then trying to fit the glasses AFTER the helmet was on.

Same glasses as in the pic at the left...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.