GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I attended “Wingstock” on Saturday and want to thank Traxxion and the local board members that put this awesome event together. A special thanks to Arnbutt Bill and his lovely wife Mirtes for making us feel so welcome. The people on our ride were great and the “Pig trail” was unique and something I will try to find again to show some local riding buddies because there isn’t anyway on this earth they have been down that stretch of road. I was also reprimanded for being a lurker, so here I am and this is the first one of many to come. Thanks again !

SteveW

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Hi Steve, welcome to the board. Please be aware that this is not an asylum. It is a friendly community made up of "mostly" normal people just like you who share a common interest. We love our Goldwings, we love to talk about them, and even more we love to meet at gatherings like Wingstock, so that we can foster personal relationships with our online friends.

As in any community, there are a few people who enjoy creating havoc, who delight in upsetting the balance of good fun and are always at the ready to put a sarcastic or ascerbic twist on any subject. You will identify them quickly and like most of us, will chose to stay away from them as best as possible. You will note that these people, who hide behind their keyboard, do not make appearances at our wonderful social gatherings.

Welcome :capwin:

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
WELCOME!!!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I was also reprimanded for being a lurker, so here I am and this is the first one of many to come. Thanks again !
Now who would do something like that?? :wink:

It was nice talking to you and your wife. Glad you joined in here.
Let's hook up and ride sometime. We can meet in the middle!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Enjoyed meeting you and the wife (your wife I already know mine). I'm only a few posts ahead of you but there are lots of opportunities to jump with your input/opinions. Ride safe.

Bo

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Welcome!!! :wink:

Ya met more of the Southern compadres and seems to be quite a few of the Yankee folks ya might as well jump in and add some sanity or join the insanity whichever may fit better. :wink:

If y'all are in the ABB/Toyo area down there, I can understand how much fun ya really had, fun guys and they come in all the various sizes. :lol: :lol:

:flg:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Stretch

I am one of the guys you need to look out for as I don't attend the get togethers. :oops:

I also like to stir things up a bit. :oops:

But with all my bad traits, I still can say

******************WELCOME*****************

To the typing side of this board :D

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Stretch,
Welcome. Jan said it best, most of us are pretty normal.

I enjoyed meeting you and your bride, too. Can I talk you into riding with us more often. Arnbutt needs to have someone taller than him around.

Trailsman

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Stretch,

Glad to see that you stepped out of the closet.

Watch out for those Rebs down south, they drive about as slow as they talk....LOL Well some of them...LOL

Again, Welcome and glad you are here.

Bulldog

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Stretch rides pretty darn well and kept right on my 6 down the Pig Trails. He's also a member of the elite Tall Guys Club and I hope to have him around on many more rides in the future.
Here's an amusing photo of the two of us and our wives; not many riders make me look short:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Jan Kokochak said:
snip.....You will note that these people, who hide behind their keyboard, do not make appearances at our wonderful social gatherings.

Welcome :capwin:
I'm not hiding, you're just too far away for a weekend ride. lol. :lol:

I can see where he gets the handle "stretch". I feel so small. :D

Welcome to the gang!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Hey ABB,
What's the startin' size for the Elite Tall Guy Club??
Is it just vertical or does diameter count towards the final tally also?? :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Redneck Dave said:
8)

Hey ABB,
What's the startin' size for the Elite Tall Guy Club??
Is it just vertical or does diameter count towards the final tally also?? :wink: :lol:

Sort of like UPS does with packages? Length + Height + Width? LOL. I'd be in for sure! Get your mind out of the gutter!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts