GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats Card fans, they looked good, calss act.

I have to wait for next year, go Braves! :wink:

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I don't watch MLB much anymore, but one thing is for sure... Tony LaRussa will make the hall of fame as soon as he retires. What a manager! Congrats Cards and fans.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yahoo! I've been a Cardinal fan all my life and tonight was fantastic! :D

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
It's been a great week to be a Cardnials fan!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Go Cards

I love it I was born and raised In Mo and have always been a Cardinal fan.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Congrats to the Cards!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
From the town of the current World Champions, the mood is one of deserved celebration. What a class team and manager. Yea Cards!!!

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Phatoooey on MLB......after the first strike I watched again......after the second strike of these multi-million dollar crybabies that was enough. Costs a fortune to go to one of the games!

On the upside, the baseball players are no where near as bad as the illegal gun-totin' NBA "players"

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Guess that is just payback for 1968. :cry:

It was a well deserved win, the Cardinals and their fans should be proud.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
NJREF said:
illegal gun-totin' NBA "players"
If you're referring to the Indiana Pacer player who discharged his handgun in self defense earlier this month, Indiana allows concealed carry permits and he had a current one in his possession for carrying his legally purchased and registered handgun.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Gary...I specifically stated illegal....like the ones the guys carry around in the NY metropolitan area and Philadelphia.....for example like the little punk Iverson who got caught several times carrying....but he is a "star" so he got off and is a role model for the inner city kids...hmmmm.

T'aint nothing wrong in using a legally owned firearm for legitimate self-defense.

As an aside, unfortunately in the near police state of NJ, lawful citizens have a hard time purchasing a handgun and it is essentially impossible to get a carry permit....yet the streets of Irvington, Newark, Camden are repleat with "people" carrying them.

Funny...growing up our HS had a rifle team...we all hunted...when we turned 18 we had handguns....but nobody seemed to shoot anyone...hmmm

Ok I'll get off my soapbox for now :)

·
Registered
16,852 Posts
You mean they had a World Series this year? Didn't even notice. No news coverage. Need to put it back on a national TV network so folks could watch it.

prs

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Watched parts of Game 5. Sloppiest plays I've ever seen! Detroit might have had a chance if not for the throwing errors by the pitcher.

Lost interest after the playoffs started to decide the outcome, as when I was young, the best of the AL played the best of the NL. In September.

NFL is the next worst. Football watching starts after the Army-Navy game, when the stakes are higher. Then, many Superbowls have been a disappointment - even the commercials are not as good. Bring back the Budweiser flatulent horse!

Basketball: Any season that goes almost all year instead of the winter months it deserves in which half of the teams make it into the playoffs is just not worth watching at all!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
The Cards are not my team, but Congrats are due. They out classed the Tigers as well as all the other American and National League teams.

Bravo.

Bulldog

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
John Garner said:
Then, many Superbowls have been a disappointment - even the commercials are not as good. Bring back the Budweiser flatulent horse!
You call that a good commercial? Sure, it got a laugh, but it was a cheap one. That was the year the Super Bowl commercials went down the drain IMHO...

·
Registered
236 Posts
It was a good win for the Cards. I only watch the post season. I couldn't pull for the Tigers, Kenny Rogers (the pitcher) is an a-hole.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts