GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, All
I want to take my kids down to the Trade Center site in the car sometime. This past summer, I went on a group ride with a club from Boston, and it was quite a day. I want to return, but being on my own this time, I don't even know how or where to park my car so we can walk the area. On the ride, they had permission to park right on Church Street in front of the Millenium Hilton Hotel, which is directly across the street from ground zero.
I will be coming from MA, so I think rte. 15 is a good way down. I remember leaving coming up the west side highway back to rte. 95 north.
If anyone has any tips on making this a successful outing, I'd appreciate it alot. I am not afaid of driving into the city. In fact, I think it will be quite an adventure!
Thanks , Eric

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm not sure where Palmer is but, if your coming from northern mass may I suggest a coupl of options: 1 - you could catch the train from the west side of the Hudson, they have several stops, There's either MetroNorth or Amtrack. 2- just before the Lincoln Tunnel there is a Ferry that brings you over near the Javitt Ctr. Once in the city there is all kinds of public transportation or of course you could walk. Parking can present problems in the city, especially Manhatten and can be pretty expensive to use the pay lots. I've done the driving and the train before for day trips, haven't hit the Trade center area yet but everything is pretty close once your there. Lots of culture and learning experiences to be had for you as well as the kids. Have fun.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T nace,
Thankyou for your reply. 118 views and you're the only one to respond.
I will look into the train option as well.
Take care, Eric

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
We went to NYC for Christmas and it was a wonderful experience unlike 15 years ago when I went to conventions in Manhattan every summer and compared it to, well no place nice. It is a clean friendly city (hard to believe) and safe too.

We loved many things but our favorites were:

The top of the empire state building.
The circle boat tour.
The gray line on/off bus uptown and downtown.
Times Square (wow)
Ground Zero.
Central park.
My wife loved Macy's (I bought a belt).

Have a great time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts