GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to MSN today... the 4 worst (highest fines) states for speeders are as follows:

Georgia
North Carolina
Maryland
New Hampshire

if you ride your bike in these states... don't speed... or you may be
required to donate to their "revenue sharing fund" ...

cosmic

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I live right between NC & GA, but that doesn't slow anyone down
around here. It is like NASCAR driving to work. They don't use
blinkers in NASCAR, right?

Herb

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
According to MSN today... the 4 worst (highest fines) states for speeders are as follows:

Georgia
North Carolina
Maryland
New Hampshire

if you ride your bike in these states... don't speed... or you may be
required to donate to their "revenue sharing fund" ...

cosmic
Cosmic,

I just got back from New Orleans - if you find yourself riding along I10, I would definitely recommend doing the SPEED LIMIT!!! The LA State Patrol was out in droves this morning!

Merry Christmas!

Shane

·
Registered
311 Posts
g1nomad said:
I live right between NC & GA, but that doesn't slow anyone down
around here. It is like NASCAR driving to work. They don't use
blinkers in NASCAR, right?

Herb
Article was for highest maximum fines not how tight they enforce or even an average ticket. After living in Georgia for 4-1/2 years I couldn't imagine how fast you need to drive/ride to get a ticket.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I used to like driving past Atlanta on the way to disney world. Just put the car in neutral and let the traffic push me through. :lol:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Its nice to see Maryland recognized for something...

I don't worry so much about the speeding drivers. I just wish they learned how to drive before they learned how to speed.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I lived in Wi until 7 years ago. I drove all over the midwest for my job.
In WI I got ticketed for 59 in a 55 in my truck.
S Dakota got me on the Wing for 55 in a 50 (on a 2 lane in the middle of nowwhere)
Then I moved to Ga.
I had to learn to drive 15-20 over the limit to keep up with traffic.
Most LEO's in Ga will only stop you for 10+ over.
I think the reason Ga was high because when they get you, it's usually for more than 20 over
($300-$500 depending on where)
There is a 4 lane with cross traffic, north of me, the limit is 65, but traffic moves at 80-85 with little or no enforcement,
There were 11 people killed this summer on that road.
I have been driving it every day and never see a speed cop!
In Atlanta the 3 right lanes are traveling 55-60 and the 3 left lanes are doing 85-90 in a 55 limit.......
Turn signals ? If they use them, they will usually turn the other way....
I think because there is so much traffic, they can hardly keep up with the accident reports.

·
Registered
64 Posts
gdaddy said:
Article was for highest maximum fines not how tight they enforce or even an average ticket. After living in Georgia for 4-1/2 years I couldn't imagine how fast you need to drive/ride to get a ticket.
80 in a 60 zone works on I-20 north of Atlanta :!:

Don't ask how I know. :(

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got stopped in Georgia a number of years ago by instant on radar and immediately applied the brakes and at night lit up the highway and out came the trooper. I was going around 75 in a 65. The trooper after giving me the ticket commented that he didn't care how fast I drove down the highway as long as I didn't have a radar detector. That was the last time I used a radar detector and the last time I was stopped in Georgia for speeding. Go figure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts