GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 GL1800 For Sale

If you look at the right side view it appears the motor is crooked in the frame. Not to mention all the other obvious damage.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I can't imagine any situation where I would be interested in that piece of junk. It might have some appeal for others, but definitely not for me.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Looks like a righteous total... Unless you think you can find 1800 bucks worth of usable parts in it, I wouldn't go near it.. Whatever wrecked it, you'd prolly be in for nothing but frustration and financial heartache trying to make it usable again.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I don't think you can really get a good evaluation of the total damage in those photos.

It looks to me like "major" front end damage. Both radiators are look damaged. The right side of the engine looks like it slid on the pavement. The forks are probably bent and maybe the steering head & triple tree are bent. With all that probable damage, there's gotta be a lot more that we don't see in the photos.

I also notice another rear swingarm and wheel in the photos. Why???

About the only thing I could see to do with that bike is sell the parts on Ebay..........

JMHO

·
Registered
218 Posts
How about this one??? 5 Grand will take it away Now that's a Smoking Deal. Even comes with extra oil!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
:D :D :D :a13:
Chuck

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
At the current price you could probably come out ahead parting it out.

I'll bet that has plenty of wobble.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Bingo 1038 said:
How about this one??? 5 Grand will take it away Now that's a Smoking Deal. Even comes with extra oil!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
:D :D :D :a13:
Chuck
Is that a ham can he's using for the air filter? :roll:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ha and the ham mite just still be their I hate to follow that thing down the road ! if you could see through all the smoke let alone the junk falling off.

Rear View

This one would give Yellow wolf a good run for his money

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
This would be a great candidate for captions .....

"I think it has been down at least once"

"He only got half of Fred's DVD set."

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
the knuck.......

I'd give 5 large for that knuckle head bagger with the gennie O' bags and fenders in a heart beat. Dat bike is worth a lotta cake if it was all back to original condition and it looks to be all there jest a tidge ridden?

What do ya suppose a Wing will be worth when it's 70 years old?

Denny

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey guys, that rat bike is one cool looking ride !! I love the mega phone on the exhaust.
I'd have it in a heart beat.

·
Registered
871 Posts
It would make a fine anchor... That's about it!

Lance

S

·
0 Posts
At $3000 it to much for me but I'd sure go $2500. The only problem with fixing up an 1800 is getting a hold of used platic. None of the yards around here ever have used 1800 parts so one would be stuck buying factory tupperware. I would estimate $5000 or better just for the parts. Other that that it seem fixable and I've seen worse.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts