GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No place is a perfect location for the whole country. However, Panama City Beach Florida is about 350 miles from the entire southeastern part of the country and portions of the midwest as well as south central. If I were to begin putting together an overnighter in March in Panama City Beach, Florida, would you come? It would likely be a Saturday into a Sunday. IF so, I will begin scouting out a restaurant and a hotel, pefrect for lizard activities.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,013 Posts
When would this be as I normaly am in FL after the new year!! (feb or so)...chuck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
man, I need to get something set up for those of us out here in the west. Everything is over on the eastern part of the country (ie...Cats Cade, Hals BBQ and the like...etc, etc.) i havent seen any type of get together out on the western part yet...hmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,738 Posts
ziggystyles said:
man, I need to get something set up for those of us out here in the west. Everything is over on the eastern part of the country (ie...Cats Cade, Hals BBQ and the like...etc, etc.) i havent seen any type of get together out on the western part yet...hmm
Jan, I may be in the Tampa area for a month or so in Feb-March, but will not have the bike.

As for something out west:
The Colorado Rockies Ride is definitely a go. I have blocked rooms and will be getting info out in November-December for folks to sign-up and reserve rooms. So, keep it on your calendar for sure.

I've locked in the dates for Rockies-Gold 2007, so mark your calendar.
Hanging and Riding...and Riding...and Riding!
More info will follow over the next few months.
NOTE: This will primarily be Wing folks from this board!!!!

Montrose, Colorado

25-29 July 2007

By the way, big winter storm going on right now with a foot of snow expected by noon. This is Thursday and I rode 230 miles on the Wing on Tuesday. Should be in the 60s in Colorado Springs over the weekend. Gotta love Colorado weather. LOTS of snow in the mountains. If Winter continues with this great start, Colorado should be even more beautiful then normal next summer (LOTS of wildflowers, etc).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
I am sure I could be talked into it......

When are you thinking about this?

:beer8:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,955 Posts
Panama city beach is kind of an interesting choice for the location, sounds great to me, Florida is one of the few states i have never ridden in, u never know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,540 Posts
As long as it doesn't interfere with Bike Week or The Tennessee Lunch Run I'm in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GL1800GSXR1000 said:
As long as it doesn't interfere with Bike Week or The Tennessee Lunch Run I'm in.
Bike week is March 2-11. When and what is the Tennesse Lunch Run?
 

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
Joined
·
4,676 Posts
Jan Kokochak said:
GL1800GSXR1000 said:
As long as it doesn't interfere with Bike Week or The Tennessee Lunch Run I'm in.
Bike week is March 2-11. When and what is the Tennesse Lunch Run?
Fall Creek Falls in Tennessee. It was the last Saturday in April this year. Before that it was the first Saturday in April.

Closetchef rides through snow to get there! :D :D :D


Bob E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,090 Posts
If it's a weekend, I'd probably be able to make it.

Dep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
robeth said:
Jan Kokochak said:
GL1800GSXR1000 said:
As long as it doesn't interfere with Bike Week or The Tennessee Lunch Run I'm in.
Bike week is March 2-11. When and what is the Tennesse Lunch Run?
Fall Creek Falls in Tennessee. It was the last Saturday in April this year. Before that it was the first Saturday in April.

Closetchef rides through snow to get there! :D :D :D


Bob E.
Will Closetchef ride through snow to get to Panama City Beach? :D
 

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
Joined
·
4,676 Posts
Jan Kokochak said:
Will Closetchef ride through snow to get to Panama City Beach? :D
Jan,

If he knew you were going to be there, I'm sure he would ride through any inclement weather to make it.

Ask Yellow Wolf, Brobubba and galute.....they can confirm my claim.

By the way, I would consider coming.

Thanks for the leg work.


Bob E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
robeth said:
Jan Kokochak said:
Will Closetchef ride through snow to get to Panama City Beach? :D
Jan,

If he knew you were going to be there, I'm sure he would ride through any inclement weather to make it.

Ask Yellow Wolf, Brobubba and galute.....they can confirm my claim.

By the way, I would consider coming.

Thanks for the leg work.


Bob E.
I'm not sure what this all means, but I'll take it on its face value that it's a good thing. I hope he would be eager to see all of us. I like Closetchef very much, having met him only one time, he conveys that he is a really good guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,425 Posts
Check hotel rates there at that time of year. Due to the popularity of the kids' spring break, hotels are very expensive.
Inland a bit, like Tallahassee? Less expensive and it still has plenty of hotel space...
 

·
Hungry Member
Joined
·
5,045 Posts
I will be in Texas at the end of March....I would be happy to head to Florida from there.
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top