GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the thread "HAS ANYONE TRICKED THERE WINGS OUT ?" resurfaced the occasionally dreamed about trunkless 1800 concept.
While I fully realize that there is more to engineering this than clever photo altering, the question still remains. Would you consider this option if it were available?

Sweck

My 1800 trunkless...

A "not for everybody" variation on a theme...

Original pic...

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
its actualy a very common thing to do to a valkyrie interstate

i have seen probably 30 of them that way

ones for sale at schroeders in hendersonvillenc right now

commonly refered to as a SUPER VALKYRIE

my wife wants to convert ours

my issue would be the cb, since its hung under the top case

but i suppose it would go in a side bag

a single seat would replace the double,and a nice flat luggage rack over the exposed rear fender section

trunks sell on ebay for about $1000 for an interstate

it seems to me she had the same thing before, in a valkyrie tourer, except for the cb

i see no reason a goldwing wouldnt be just as cool looking

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I don't care for it.

David M.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Because of the size of the fairing, the lack of a trunk makes the bike look out of proportion to me. That's me though.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes - This option would end my solo seated Road King envy... :wink:
Plus I get excited every time I see my friends RTP in action...

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
I'd consider it... for a second and then likely pass. I like the look but not for me.

SPF, I notice you cancelled your 2007 Wing. What's the excuse this time?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Make the saddle bags removable and move the rear wheel forward about 4 inches and you would start gaining my interest. Er, nevermind. We already have an ST.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I think it looks sweet! :D

It wouldn't suit me because I don't see any provision for a passenger. Of course, if I had a stable of bikes, heck yah! :D

If that could be done with a foldup backrest for the passenger that reveals a seat, it could work for me as a sportier version of the GL.

Although I would never have one, I compliment people on their HDs and custom bikes. I like the way they look. I just prefer to ride my GW.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Looks good, but I'm married. I want the extra seat.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I wouldn't be interested - I use all the bags all the time (helmets go in the trunk, rain gear and cover in the left, fuses, tire repair etc in the right). I do like the looks of the second variation, though.

I need to take photoshop classes from you.

Chris

·
Registered
19,055 Posts
I would if the current trunk and back seat /rest were removeable

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Absolutely not!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think having the option to go "trunkless and solo" would be great. But the only way I would go for this is that I would have to be able to put the trunk and passenger seat back on in a short amount of time. Not sure if the new Ultras can be converted quickly, but my buddy had a Dresser in the late 80's that he could convert to a bagger in about a half hour. He had, for all intents and purposes, two bikes as they looked completely different depending on whether or not the tour pack was there. Love that look. wish someone smarter than me could figure it out for the Wing.

Gldwng,

If I had the finances I'd LOVE that bike in my garage. Unfortuantely, I'll have to wait for Momma to open the purse strings.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nope... Not me, Id have to strap all my cold beers to my back and the wife wouldnt have any room and if she did its too easy for her to get to em....... :beer2: :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts