GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday we are going to Prosser to hang out with a group of friends and do a few days of wine tasting.
None of the others are motorcycle riders.
I am running out of time before I go north and want to take the bike,but the pass conditions don't look very good.
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/forecast/Default.aspx?zone=WA519
I'm thinking I better take the car:cry:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Jeff,

I can tell you that of 7:30 AM this morning it is snowing with more forcast for the next day and a half. I am off to go snow machining again today!! Great way to start April off!!

Redeye :coffee1:

·
Registered
297 Posts
You could always take the long way around to avoid the pass, thru Portland, along the river and back up.:yes1:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I've been going to Wenatchee a lot for work and I still wouldn't attempt it on the bike (although I've been waiting for that day to break)

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could always take the long way around to avoid the pass, thru Portland, along the river and back up.:yes1:
Ya know...according to Mapsource,that route would only add 173 miles.
I've ridden HWY14 westbound before,but never eastbound
It looks like by Sunday,the pass won't be a problem.
I'll kick that idea around with the boss...it's only 2.5 miles:shrug:

Jon,looks like you can ride next week.
I finally rode my bike to the office one day last week...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think by Thursday afternoon and or Friday the pass will be dry or at worst just wet. It was NASTY yesterday morning with very wet slushy snow. In the afternoon (coming back from Spokane) it was just wet. 14 is a fun ride as long as the weather is decent and the wind is not too bad.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Be tough, it was only 34* and raining yesterday afternoon.
Was interesting they said "Chains required" earlier in the day..We are not going to have a spring, just Summer then winter!!!!!:frown:
I just got to Portland from Bow and it was slushy snow and rain in Seattle and just rain all the way. It's 12:45PM now..
Jack

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
momma doesn't want to ride down I-5 to the river in the rain:roll:,so we are gonna cage it tomorrow:cry:

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be tough, it was only 34* and raining yesterday afternoon.
Was interesting they said "Chains required" earlier in the day..We are not going to have a spring, just Summer then winter!!!!!:frown:
I just got to Portland from Bow and it was slushy snow and rain in Seattle and just rain all the way. It's 12:45PM now..
Jack
I could handle the 34 and rain,it's the snow/ice that I have a bit of an issue with!
what were you doing in Bow,hanging out in front of the Longhorn with the posers?:joke:

·
Registered
411 Posts
I put on 50 miles today on my sno machine and it was the most snow of the season!! Up to 22 inches of fresh on the flat at 4500 feet! This was about half way between Snoqualmie and White Pass. The cage might be the way to go.

Redeye

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put on 50 miles today on my sno machine and it was the most snow of the season!! Up to 22 inches of fresh on the flat at 4500 feet! This was about half way between Snoqualmie and White Pass. The cage might be the way to go.

Redeye

Hey Jeff...if you feel like heading towards Prosser for some wine tasting,I think you have my cell number.....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Jeff,
Tell Yo Mama She is a WUUUUUZY! :lol: Mine rode back with me from Vancouver,WA last Saturday in the rain the whole way until we hit Seattle
It even Snowed some for maybe 10 miles around Mt. St. Helens area. Her nose was dripping and seemed to think she had to take her heated gloves off to wipe it. Then her hand got cold. DUH! Didn't think her gloves were working. I checked them when I got home, they worked!
I'm going on the Bike ( maybe) to Spokane if the Pass is Ok on the 8th or 9th of April to meet Larry from the Roll -A -Home trailer company. He is bringing some over from Wisconsin.. I have never seen one so this will be a good time to preview..
While in Vancouver, WA last weekend I went to Wingman in Portland, Oregon and previewed the Leisure Lite trailer ( Made in Canada)and they had a Aluma MCT & MCTXL which I had never seen before.
Guess we'll just have to check hourly on the Snow at the Snoqualmie Pass. ( where in the Hell is that Al Gore Fella?) Crazy weather....
Hope your getting to enjoy your new to you Busch Tec Trailer. Betcha can get lots of wine in that to last you all summer in Alaska. Suppose thats the plan!!!
Hope it clears up for you.:shrug:
David

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Jeff:

It's way too iffy for me. Here's the pass report as of this writing:

Pass Report
Temperature: 32ºF / 0ºC
Elevation: 3022 feet / 921 meters
Restrictions Eastbound:
Traction Tires Advised, Oversize Vehicles Prohibited.
Restrictions Westbound:
Traction Tires Advised, Oversize Vehicles Prohibited.
Conditions & Weather:
Snow and slush on the roadway // Snowing
Updated: 12:02 PM, Apr 2, 2009
This is the most current info available
and is promptly updated when conditions change.

Because of the pass conditions, I'm staying on the wet side and doing some BMW wrenching with some other folks.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I could handle the 34 and rain,it's the snow/ice that I have a bit of an issue with!
what were you doing in Bow,hanging out in front of the Longhorn with the posers?:joke:
Bow, that isn't exactly where I was, We pickup wheat at Chris Knutzen Grain on Avon-Allen RD. First I delivered to Ferndale Grain in Ferndale, thought about how I could get hold of you. :coffee1::coffee1:

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bow, that isn't exactly where I was, We pickup wheat at Chris Knutzen Grain on Avon-Allen RD. First I delivered to Ferndale Grain in Ferndale, thought about how I could get hold of you. :coffee1::coffee1:
When you were at Ferndale Grain,you were about 3 blocks from my house.

I'm at Portal Way and Somerset St.White house on the corner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts