Would I dare do what? :shrug:

·
Registered
654 Posts
looks like fun

·
Registered
528 Posts
Of course I would, with a smile on my face. maybe a different line though.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Huh????????

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The line needs a little fine tuning if you want to carry a little more speed, but those are the kinds of roads that are fun. Have to watch out for cages on the blind corners.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I'm assuming the pic doesn't really give you the feel of it. I assume it's a steep uphill. :shrug:

Oh, and, HELL, YES" Still looking, but, as yet, have failed to find anything paved that has even caused me to pause before riding it.

I have seen some driveways that were very steep and looked like fun, but didn't want to ride up it only to find guard dogs and/or a guy with a 12 ga.. :eek:4:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I don't find anything wrong with the line given:

Narrow two lane with center line not marked.

We cannot tell from the pic what degree the turn is so he may be heading towards apex with some curve behind him already.

Sort of blind due to vegetation so it's probably a good idea to stay as far away from center as possible to allow for oncoming traffic.

Actual line is left of center, have to take into account lean angle of the bike and lean of the passenger taking the pic which exaggerates how far to the right the rider appears.

Finally, without knowing his speed there is no way to determine how much of an outside/inside/outside path of travel he really needed.

Man, I wish I was as good an arm chair technical rider as some on this forum.

Oh, and to answer the original question; Hell yeah, love them roads!

·
Registered
714 Posts
In a heartbeat...

Can't tell too much from the picture, but doesn't look any harder than any other I've been on.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Kinda reminds me of going to the top of Mt Nebo AR.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Huh????????

When I first saw the picture I didn't understand the question, hence my reply.

I go up a steeper incline to get to my home everyday with a quick little switchback at the top, so yes, I would travel that road in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Finally, without knowing his speed there is no way to determine how much of an outside/inside/outside path of travel he really needed.

His line is just fine. He's doing 32 mph, has a 1/4 tank of gas and the bike temp is spot on for the current outside conditions. :doorag:

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't find anything wrong with the line given:

Narrow two lane with center line not marked.

We cannot tell from the pic what degree the turn is so he may be heading towards apex with some curve behind him already.

Sort of blind due to vegetation so it's probably a good idea to stay as far away from center as possible to allow for oncoming traffic.

Actual line is left of center, have to take into account lean angle of the bike and lean of the passenger taking the pic which exaggerates how far to the right the rider appears.

Man, I wish I was as good an arm chair technical rider as some on this forum.

Oh, and to answer the original question; Hell yeah, love them roads!
Most accurate description,

It's a very steep mountain switchback with lots of curve behind moment of caption.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Looking at the lack of angle of the trees compared to the road surface this does not look like much of a grade. This switchback is nothing compared to one on the Alpine Loop here in Utah. It's short and it's steep and it's great fun to accelerate out of headed uphill. Some of you locals probably are familiar with it.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I would be up and down that in a heart beat and grinnin' all the way :thumbup:
I love switchbacks the ones that come to my mind AZ Hwy191 and CO. Hwy550,the harder I have to look left or right to make the switchback turn the better!! :p

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Would you dare ?
Sure, do it all the time!

·
Registered
514 Posts
It looks

like the fact that the turn is off camber and that it's a long curve. Both of those things bother some people. I have noticed that long curves cause some to slow down half-way through.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts