GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I've seen that done live, and it still amazes... They must be VERY close.. ;)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
That was cool, but what would be even cooler was if that big ol ball broke loose and started rolling around. :lol:

·
Registered
906 Posts
I saw that in Las Vegas a few years ago, I think there were five riders. Its really amazing what these guys can do.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
practice, practice, crunch, practice practice, crunch.. Then they start to get it right.

They had two in a ball at the Indy Boat Sport travel show several years (20+) ago and one of the two lost control of his bike. Tha bad part of it was when he lost control and fall off he ended up underneath it. He wasn't hurt but it made for interesting watching.

They are fun to watch.

Ross

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I went to the dc bike show 2 saturdays ago,they had 3 bikes in the ball plus the announcer standing in the middle of the floor,THATS INSANE.ole yeller mbg pa

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
magenta said:
I went to the dc bike show 2 saturdays ago,they had 3 bikes in the ball plus the announcer standing in the middle of the floor,THATS INSANE.ole yeller mbg pa
I have a video of the same guys when they were in Seattle in 2004. I'd upload it and post a link, but it's 21 minutes long (474 MB) and I haven't found a site that will let me upload a file that large.

I got lucky and was able to get in the front row directly in front of the opening of the Ball of Steel so I was able to get a nice unobstructed view.

It's definately worth seeing these guys in action.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Cool, but nuts. Reminds me too much of a cheese grater, eh? Had a feller in south Florda a few years back lost control of his crotch rocket at high speed and hit a chain link fence alongside I-95. He got "strained".

Ride long and safe..and it isn't the speed that hurts, its the deceleration sickness afterwards.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

1 - 13 of 13 Posts