GL1800Riders Forums banner

Would you ever put a car tire on a wing?

• Never - It is stupid and unsafe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• Sure - Riding is about living on the edge.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
19,048 Posts
I'll take odds that the first choice wins easily.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I spoke with a guy who rode a Valkrye Interstate and he had a car tire on his back tire. He said cost was about the same, car tire had a longer life. The only complaint he had was it took longer to break the tire in. He also mentioned how tire manufactors were making a tire that was more round like a motorcycle tire and he was wanting to try one of those

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
My answer is not availible, but without a doudt I will be trying one. From what I've read on here you would have to be a fool not to. I think with todays technology that a car tire will hold up better and last longer for most riding purposes that I will be doing on the GW I first have to wear out a couple of mc tires. I'm not going to put one on while I still have a good mc tire but as soon as I need a new tire I will be trying one.
Hazle
ps It has only been stated, never proven that it is stupid and unsafe I have'nt read any threads about failures of the ct on a GW.

·
Registered
5,921 Posts

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Yep I missed it
Hazle
Different Board?

·
Registered
5,921 Posts

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
I did: I voted the same way Yep!
Hazle

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
I would not personally fly in the face of the MC tire makers and try to tell them I know more about the subject than they do!!!!!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
weengers said:
TJ,
You must have missed this one

Car Tire- Poll

Or maybe this one just didn't have the slant you wanted. :roll:
Slant? Ok, yeah I'm slanted. I can deal with it.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I think the only time you should have a car tire on a goldwing
is if you have a fixed sidecar on your bike..

That video of the car tire on a wing was losing contact with the road
it clearly was riding on the edge of the tire and that's Scary :22yikes:

Flame suit on

H

·
0 Posts
If one poll is good then 50 polls must be better. Or is there some bad germs going around?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Hal,
I agree but one of these days this subject will begin to get kind of old, but what the hey, what do I know.

It's a shame that there aren't more efforts put into other more important issues.

The stats pretty much speak for themselves and most of the threads on the CT subject are really turning into more of a pissing contest.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I ordered a Dunlop Sp Winter Sport 195/55/HR16 Run Flat yesterday from Tire Rack. After talking to a Patriot Guard Rider last Monday in Spring, TX it made up my mind for me. We had 267 Riders there, and a big lump in my throat.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yes I would, and yes I did. I have a TOYO Prexis4 195/50/16 on the rear and have no regrets. Already have 11,000 miles on it and it still looks new. No wear evident.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts