GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 2018 DCT, my wife and set up our helmets with J & M BT-04 Bluetooth units. We have enjoyed the conversations, music and linked into all the amenities our DCT offers us. A few weeks ago one of our units started to discharge the battery early. We were getting 6 to 8 hours talk time with out going dead. My unit went dead in about 2 hours on one of our rides. We got back to our room and I charged both units at the same time. Her unit charged at least 3 times as long as my BT-04 did. I knew this was a bad sign. On several more rides my BT-04 went dead and the time is getting shorter and shorter. In my mind no doubt the battery is dying.
I logged on to J&M's web site and filled out the warranty return and promptly receive via email a return number. Filled out the information, placed it in a box and mailed with tracking number. By the tracking number I know they received it yesterday and today I get an email that I will paste with my response.

We have received your J&M Part Number:BT04 HSBT04RP01, R/A record# 750RM-4087, and had it bench tested.

During our complete test of the HEADUNIT, we did not find anything wrong.
However, based upon your description of the problem, we have replaced the HEADUNIT anyway, and then re-tested the set to ensure proper operation.​

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

A shipping confirmation will be sent to you shortly along with the tracking number via E-mail.

We DO appreciate your business

J&M Warranty/Repair Service Department

1415 South Cherry Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85713-1997
TEL: 520-624-7000
FAX: 520-624-6202

I responded with below:

Thank you so much for your quick response. The unit in question works good just that the battery would not power the unit but 1 to 11/2 hours before going dead. When charging it with my other unit it would not accept a charge but about 1/3 of the time my other unit was charging. I think the only thing wrong is that the internal battery is going DOA. Thank you so much for your help in this matter. I am very happy with the performance and quality of your product. I soon will be setting up my other helmets with BT-04 units and I am proud at the way you stand behind your products.

Thank you,
Richard/maxtec1

This is a great experience for me. Every product will have some failures but how they are handled is what sets companies apart. What a great way to do business. If you are in the need of one of their products that fits your bill, I would recommend them.

:grin2:

·
Vendor
17,787 Posts
J&M has been a top notch m/c audio company since their beginning. It is also why I get my audio products from them. If you ever go to WingDing they are always there, they test on the spot, and take care of issues better than anyone.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
A few years back I had the same kind of issue with a wired helmet set. I was able to isolate the problem area by swapping components between 2 helmets. I sent the problem to J&M. Their response was exactly as yours. They could not duplicate the problem, but sent me a new one anyway.
Yep, they have been great outfit to work with.

Corventure Dave

·
Vendor
17,787 Posts
J&M has also been GWRRA's premier sponsor at all WingDings from the beginning of WingDings.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I had J&M mp3 player that suddenly wouldn't play - I sent it to them and they discovered that I had inserted a SD card that didn't contain music. I asked what I owed for their troubles plus shipping. They said I didn't owe them anything, sent my unit back with another SD card that had music on it. They didn't even charge me for shipping. They are beyond a stand up company.

·
Registered
19,228 Posts
Great to hear. Of note I had a pair of Sena SRL headsets develop static on the right. The units were 14 months old(warranty is 12 months) Sena replaced them with a new pair

1 - 6 of 6 Posts