GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
I normally like white on all vehicles but on the GL1800, it just looks so boring. Now maybe when I see a polished up one in person, I'll like it but so far from the photos that I've seen of the white GL1800, they can keep it. Maybe if Honda put some pearl in the color, that would help a lot.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, Bob. I saw a white 2004 at my dealer last week. I jokingly asked if that was a new police bike. The service manager jokingly replied, "No, thats a Maytag"

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
My local dealer would tell me to "go pound sand" before he swapped all the panels on two bikes like that.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Bulldog said:
If the guy is telling the truth, that could be interesting.

Bulldog
I have not seen this bike but do know the dealership. They have done right by me and see no reason for them to do otherwise on this.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
just for conversation sake, what would it cost in shop labor to change the plastic completely on two 1800s.

loren

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I am guessing 2 to 3 hours for an experienced mechanic.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I seen the WHITE 2003

This dealer is above board. I had my ECM work done there and they also changed out a bad O2 sensor. The people there are nice and friendly. I purchased my bike from Norris Motorsports in Medina, OH and also purchased a new Orange Sabre before the wing; that dealer sucks. But the people at State 8 Motorcycles in Cuyahoga Falls, OH are great.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Around July or August of 2003, Niehaus Cycles in Litchfield had a white 2003 Wing and a white 2003 Wing trike. Both were constructed from new silver 2003s that had been repainted prior to sale as new. Not sure who did the conversion but neither lingered long on the showroom floor.

markie

·
Registered
113 Posts
white

White is a blank canvis for some additions. I have IB trunk and bag trim installed and the detailer will finish it in the spring.

·
Registered
177 Posts
White wing

There was a wing that was totaled 02 pearl orange, cosmetic only, it was
triked and it was painted pearl white. It was beautiful, the color was great
but the new whiot 04's ios to stark. Maybe with pin striping it will look better.
roger/orangestreak

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought mine at this dealer

I may slip on over to State 8 in Cuyahoga Falls to have a look, I think this is the dealer.
Jordan

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
MotorcycleBoy said:
I am guessing 2 to 3 hours for an experienced mechanic.
i am amazed that it would only be that much time

one local shop told me it would take an hour of shop labor to install a fairing bra

loren

1 - 16 of 16 Posts