GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this morning, riding the wing came upon a Harley waiting for the traffic light. He nods and I nod. Closet thing we could do from a fist bump. Then it starts the rumble of his Harley becames a roar of thunderous power. He pumps the throttle of his steed back and forth showing his manly muscles of strength. I return my decaf coffee to it's holder, turn up my stereo (to tune out his loudness). I then look up at the light it turns green and he is off like a flash.

1 mile down the road again, I pull up at the intersection of the next light and Papa Bear is grinning ear to ear. Ha Ha Ha, he states I beat you. Damn Man, I reply I did not know we were racing. Again the thunderous starts. Hey man I yell catching his attention. Are we racing to the next light appr. 2 miles down to the next light. YEAH, he yells over the thunder (and the music of my stereo) Oh ok thanks. Light turns green.

I shift into second ,to catch up with him who has already shifted to third or forth, was not really counting his shifts. We are really moving now maybe 50-55mph I shift again and WHAT I am ahead maybe a foot or two I hear him shift, a thunderous clunk and roar of engine, I shift clunk and the roar of the six squirrels raising hell with pistons and cylinders come to life running right at 65 mph !!!! I'm lead bike I'm lead bike I look in my mirror and I see a faint headlight disappering OH **** the traffic light is red I downshift and stop just right in time.

Brother Harley pulls up shaking his head and asks what the hell is that thing. I sip my coffee smile and state my 800lb girlfriend. He smiles and says I have one of those two however I was talking about the motorcycle what is it. I reply Honda Goldwing !!!!! He stated Wow I'm impressed.

EDIT : No Harleys were hurt during this morning events. The above speeds were not the above speeds. One old lady did give us the finger as we sped past her house. She was wearing a blue housecoat. This may or may not be your grandma please give my apologies !!!!! :wrong:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I love to start my bike next to some Harley rider and have him look at me grinning and say"Is that thing running".
I just smile back and say "Do you wanna race?"
They never answer.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
So,,,, are you impressed because you outran a Harley or because he was good humored about it?

Sounds like one of the good guys and not a simple minded poser. LOL

H-D whiners in 3,,,,,,,,,,,2,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Nothing to see here really---- my wifes old Burgman will out accelerate a stock Harley in the quarter mile(not a VRod or modified HD)

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I love to start my bike next to some Harley rider and have him look at me grinning and say"Is that thing running".

Got a wing riding buddy.....nearly every time we get ready to pull out from somewhere he will announce "Plug your ears......I'm gettin ready to turn on the stereo!!"

:lol::lol:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
You have to watch Grandma, she will throw a broom at you too. Lol!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
My grandmother says she's gonna have her shotgun ready next time!
;)

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
!

Got a wing riding buddy.....nearly every time we get ready to pull out from somewhere he will announce "Plug your ears......I'm gettin ready to turn on the stereo!!"

:lol::lol:
I like that one!

·
Registered
168 Posts
"I return my decaf coffee to it's holder, "

Now that is suave!!

That is what some of the Wingers have been talking about!

I must get me one of those cupholder things.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
My partner dick rides a wing trike when wifely is along and it is the same color as my two wheel wing.

He rides a 2002 harley heritage softail/stage 3 when he wants to play. Dont try to run away from him at the light if he wants to play. Even John long laughs everytime he trys to drag race dick... Oh yes he is 79 and has a few bikes and still rides long and hard...

toys are toys enjoy what you got

D

S

·
0 Posts
I remember once when I was out test riding a sportster I had just fixed and some guy in a 57 chevy wanted to race. I gave him the thumbs up and when the light changed I stayed parked as he burned the night air blue.

What he didn't notice and I did was a cop about a block away - I putted past as the policeman was about to write the ticket :doorag:

Probably the only race a Harley ever won :p

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I remember once when I was out test riding a sportster I had just fixed and some guy in a 57 chevy wanted to race. I gave him the thumbs up and when the light changed I stayed parked as he burned the night air blue.

What he didn't notice and I did was a cop about a block away - I putted past as the policeman was about to write the ticket :doorag:

Probably the only race a Harley ever won :p

I got suckered on the "reverse" of a deal like that back in my sport bike days.

The girls in the Camaro saw the cop........I didn't.

:22yikes:

·
Registered
304 Posts
There have been times when we've been out riding and someone will pull up beside us, then gun it like they're going to show us up. My wife, who is the epitome of mild mannered and reserved will often say, "get em honey". And since I'm just the driver I feel obligated to loosen the reins and let the ponies run. The Wing can have a transforming affect on us mild-mannered folk.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I have heard that guys will pull up to a V-Twin at a light and say,

"That thing sounds like it's only hitting on 2 cylinders." :lol:

Some have even got it. :22yikes:

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
My daughters boyfriend a few months back bought a Harley, suppose to be built, looks cool but probably not fun to ride after a few miles. After he told me all he had done to it and how fast it is I asked him if he wanted to race me on my Concours 1400 for pink slips, I'm still waiting for him.:thumbup:
When I sold my 08 wing the guy that bought it asked me why I was selling it, I told him I was buying a smaller bike, he said what are you getting I said a Concours 1400, he said Oh is that what you told your wife, it's a smaller bike!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
954 Posts
I really hate to read "Harley" Bashing threads, I (as many others here) grew up with Harley's, I will always remember the wonderful times I had running the backroads on my "45" I will always remember those days. those were the days of the wave!, the days we rode to Sturgis (most times never made it) those were the days with out "cupholders!! we rode for the love of riding not for the radio!!! and the Harley & Indian, Triumph & BSA made that possible And although I do not own one (at the present) I could never Bash the Harley name, I do think some of the Harley riders have changed, they can be the "yuppie type" but so can the GoldWing people. And for those of you who don't think a Harley can cut it!!! get along side of one that has had a little "tuning" I don't own a Harley, and most likely will not, But they will always have a place in my thoughts. Harley is the first name in Motorcycling wither you like it or not, JMOP msn

·
Registered
168 Posts
I will always remember the wonderful times I had running the backroads on my "45" I will always remember those days. those were the days of the wave!, the days we rode to Sturgis (most times never made it)

Good words. Good feel to them!! Really good!!

msnden, Sir, I wish you a good evening!

Three Chords and the truth.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts