GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Orange County Choppers motorcycle for sale

2005 Orange County Choppers Description

2005 Orange County Choppers Theme Bike Shelby GT500 Eleanor.

The world famous Orange County Choppers built this Shelby GT 500E "Eleanor" chopper for Carroll Shelby on their international TV show. The only one in the world was built to match the Shelby "Super Snake" GT 500E limited edition muscle cars built by unique performance. Designed as the ultimate Shelby motorcycle, the chopper features handcrafted sheet metal including a Shelby rear spoiler. The tank looks like the head of a cobra with fangs below the handlebars and airbrushed snake scales. Lecarra fabricated the handlebars, which feature wood inlay like the original Shelby's steering wheel. Rowe performance wheels are machined to resemble the Shelby's PSE wheels. The mirror uses the GT 500E logo and the Super Snake logo stands proudly across the bottom of the bike. Shelby GT 500E logos adorn the chopper in many key spots. Carroll Shelby's signature and the Shelby GT 500E logo are embroidered into the custom leather seat. The engine is supercharged just like the Shelby GT 500E Super Snake, producing an amazing 131HP. This one of a kind Shelby Chopper is being offered from a private collection with an appraisal of 1.2 million. Don't miss a chance to own a piece of automotive history with the only Shelby Chopper in the world produced with the highest quality by Orange County Choppers! The production tape from the construction of the Shelby Chopper at OCC will be delivered to the buyer. For additional photos or visit orangecountychoppers.com/occ/onairtheme.html Go to the third page and select "Shelby Chopper".

Motorcycle Information

Year:2005
Make:Orange County Choppers
Model:
Mileage:25 miles
Color:Silver/Black
Price:$500,000

·
Registered
443 Posts
A mere half million for a piece of crap bike! What a deal! Should be sold within a couple of days at that bargain price?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Only $500K for a POS that's not even street legal??? Don't all bikes have to have turn indicators? Come to think of it, I don't believe I've seen any of Sr or Jr's bikes with TS's...guess that would put the Shelby bike up another $100K....

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
I'd Pay 50,000 for that bike.....

Matt(BCNV) :cool:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The only person I know that would spend that kind of money on a bike like that is Jay Leno. But I hope he has better since.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
I like the 25 miles on the bike

Who could ride this thing more than a clowning photo shoot ??

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
looks like a thigh crisper to me!!:cool:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I can buy 20 Gold Wings for that price. The bike does not look like it would be comfortable to ride for long distances.

No thanks, I'll keep my Wing !!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
can I put a car tire on it?? Does it have a front end wobble or will it need traxxionized? Crush washer?? EC fog lights are going to look like crap on it!!

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
Now where'd I put that petty cash box:roll:
Dawg there is no windshield you will blow all your hair off....... ooops too late.. sorry!!

LOL

Matt(BCNV) :joke:

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm sorry, but that thing is just plain fugly. Most of OCCs choppers are. JMHO Well, maybe not so humble. JMO

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Was talking to guy in the motorcycle trade the other day about custom choppers. Seems a guy asked him about selling his custom made chopper that 3 years prior he paid about $35K for.

He told the salesman he should be able to get $25K for the bike.

Since the number of these bikes in the market is so small, there is no Blue-Book on them. Even after calling around, there was no solid estimate of what the market value of the bike is. When customized the market shrinks radically.

Salesman told the seller he MIGHT be able to $12K for the bike. He didn't want to hear that. Salesman told him to keep it insured and hope someone steals it.

They are bar-hoppers, if they are even street-legal. Totally impractical. Noisy, hot, hard-riding, short ranged.

Always thought that OCC show was the gayest show on TV. Never saw a woman on the show.

The market for the radical custom choppers was overplayed. I think that all of those builders that had TV shows, even with the money from TV, have all gone broke.

As for me buying that bike: to me it is worth maybe $15K.

I realize that they (OCC) probably paid more to Shelby for the licensing rights to the logos than that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
at 500k it should include a 20ft alumalite trailer and a diesel dually to pull the trailer queen around in. it should also include all the outfits that you need for tryouts for the village people/ harley bike nights

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
Big Money Wasted

BMW:popcorn:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I think I will let that one go if it blows off your hair. :joke::joke::joke:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts