GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding in 108 in Louisiana and now 102 over here to Kerrville, it's hot. Only seen one yellow wing along the way. Twisted sisters soon...

A post from the mobile dark side

·
Registered
957 Posts
lol welcome to Tx in August . It has been way over the norm though on heat this year , even for Tx .
Early morn riding in three sister aarea is great , just watch for the wildlife crossing the roads early an late . :eek:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
HELLOOOOOO MR. HOG!!! Welcome to the warm sunny south. You have a safe trip!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hot

Now you know why they call Central Texas Heart of Texas (HOT).

·
Registered
556 Posts
"you just wait til August!"
opps! it is August...."you just wait til Sept!"
then you will see HOT! in TX.

enjoy the 3's.

Ive never done them on the wing, but have many times on the VTX.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Took this pic Yesterday morning. North Texas......DFW area.........
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314214868.343344.jpg

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Bought my 2012 in Russellville AR last Friday and left there at 1pm and rode back to DFW ..... 109 for most of the ride .... drinking liquids all the way but by the time I reached NE Dallas I got off and was dizzy and sick .... rested a bit then made the last 40 miles home ... took 7 hours total .... also took me all day Saturday and some of Sunday before I was peeing on a regular basis again and felt like doing anything.

The heat this year is just getting plain OLD .... much more so than previous years.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Bought my 2012 in Russellville AR last Friday and left there at 1pm and rode back to DFW ..... 109 for most of the ride .... drinking liquids all the way but by the time I reached NE Dallas I got off and was dizzy and sick .... rested a bit then made the last 40 miles home ... took 7 hours total .... also took me all day Saturday and some of Sunday before I was peeing on a regular basis again and felt like doing anything.

The heat this year is just getting plain OLD .... much more so than previous years.

JokerGuy Yea... welcome back to the Goldwing world. Look forward to meeting up again to ride. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I knew he would be back. I am just to pretty not to ride with.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thread went down hill quick! <grin> We left Texas after the sisters and heading to Colorado. I'm handling the heat fine, my wife on the other hand.... So heading north and should be there tomorrow.

A post from the mobile dark side

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Supposed to be a balmy 109 here today!!!!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I knew he would be back. I am just to pretty not to ride with.
]

JokerGuy Yea... welcome back to the Goldwing world. Look forward to meeting up again to ride. :thumbup:
I have watched this board as much after I lost my last bike as I did before (which is usually multiple times a day) ... so I definitely missed it..... and missed the people most of all.

Getting the bike the way I want it right now ..... keeping it pretty simple as far as add-ons (spoiler, highway pegs, grip puppies, rideoff stand) ... all comfort except the spoiler which I think makes a big difference in squaring up the look of the trunk to match the new rear end. I want to figure out some better rear Alert lighting too so i don't get run over again. :eek:4:

Definitely looking forward to some cooler weather fall rides with you guys.

·
Registered
957 Posts
left out yesterday from hico , went down to burnet cut bk thru kingland , hadnt been on that road before then into johnson city an bk to luchenbach , stopped by alamo springs cafe for a dang good burger then out down to medina an bandera an into san antonio . took same route bk home last night , deer everywhere riding at night , so was slow riding home , musta seen 200 or more deer on roadside . :22yikes:
great ride overall though cept for the heat .

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
]
I want to figure out some better rear Alert lighting too so i don't get run over again. :eek:4:
Glad to see you're back JG!!! Hope to ride with you again soon. It's been a long time!!! So, which level did you get?

Not sure any lighting would have prevented that gas truck from seeing you in your previous mishap. Good thing you had that Aluma "Airbag" option installed! The Whelen TIR-3s Paciia mentioned are a great start. Tommyboytx had the first one and that started it and all with the local group. I think every one of us that ride together have one now. They will sure let you be seen.
J

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Glad to see you're back JG!!! Hope to ride with you again soon. It's been a long time!!! So, which level did you get?

Not sure any lighting would have prevented that gas truck from seeing you in your previous mishap. Good thing you had that Aluma "Airbag" option installed! The Whelen TIR-3s Paciia mentioned are a great start. Tommyboytx had the first one and that started it and all with the local group. I think every one of us that ride together have one now. They will sure let you be seen.
J
Not just yet!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
check this out. It lights up the back!!
http://www.strobesnmore.com/whelen-tir3-super-leds.html

You can buy a chrome cover for it too--10$ more

Hey Paciia ..... I actually had one of those on my old bike ... was mounted where the reflector was below the tag... fit there perfect. Even had the cover painted yellow to match. Was pulling a trailer when I got hit so it was covered.... had 2 to mount on the trailer but had not mounted them yet. Guess nothing will work work when someone dozes off behind you anyway.

I'll probably use these again... they do light up good

1 - 20 of 24 Posts