GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found Yet another great picture over at Killboy. Any of you driving this HACK?

·
Registered
248 Posts
How much counter-steer do you think he had to use?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Have a Hannigan sidecar on my '06, and in 16 months have (accidently) flown the car twice. Both times it was pucker time. I've seen folk do it on purpose, mostly with racing rigs, but they're a whole lot better riders than I am or will ever be. I've also seen a couple trikes go over, and consider myself very lucky my experiences didn't turn out badly.

Ride long and safe..and I try to be conservative in all things.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6 TE
'08 Hannigan GTL sidecar

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I wouldn't be to quick to criticize what you don't know!! :wrong:

Unless you own and know how to operate a sidehack,you have no idea what that owners skill level is with what looks like a controlled lift.
His body is sightly to the right of center..He doesn't look like he is out of control..

How he sets it back down would show his level or lack of skill that this still picture just can't show..

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If that is not on purpose, I'll be you couldn't drive a match stem in his butt with a sledge hammer! Oh baby!!:22yikes:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Yee-Haw!?!?!?:doorag::eek:

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
bone head:wrong:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
bone head:wrong:

You ride a hack rig, I think not... it really shows and you have removed all doubt. It's no more bone headed then dragging your foot pegs and showering the roads with sparks...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Definitely takes a skilled rider to fly that rig. What happened to the passenger? :shrug:

As for me, I don't have the skill or the pair!:eek:4: I prefer to keep my third wheel firmly planted on the road!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
That's what can happen when those Dynabeads get all stuck together.
:22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes:

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
"Flying the Chair" is one of the first things most of us learn how to do early on for safety reasons. It is part of the learning program that any Hack Pilot needs to go through in an open area like a parking lot so that When it happens you are competent in controling the rig.

Those that don't learn how to "Fly the Chair" under controled conditions are the most likely to have a catastrophic "Accident" at some time do the their lack of the needed skills.

To me it looks like the pilot is simply having a little fun on a back road and keeping his skill level up to snuff as many of us do.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Looks like fun to me!

I used to fly my hack in parades...... with my son in it.

It made it easier to throw candy to the kids on the left side of the parade route.

We were usually running less than 10 miles per hour.

I have flown the hack at higher speeds.

Like someone else stated, you can tell who is good at flying the hack by the way they set it back down. It takes a lot of skill to set it down easy.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
You ride a hack rig, I think not... it really shows and you have removed all doubt. It's no more bone headed then dragging your foot pegs and showering the roads with sparks...
That is so easy to do, I'm not sure it's a good idea on an 1800 with the frame issue of the aluminum frames stiffness. It's really fun with some unsuspecting person in the hack.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts