GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I DID purchase a 2008 Nav Trike, Motortrike is the add on. All I can say is WOW!! Very Fun!! I know lots of "us" get grief about the trike,;)but I like it only because it is a very Unique Ride.... Taking corners and fighting G's and total Comfort make for a very enjoyable day. I took it to the DMV here in Nevada and was out of there with new plates in a half hour time, no sales tax to pay either which was great... Crusin around all day, once again, fried my just healed forearms ... oh well I will post pics of the "fleet" in a day or two!!

Matt(BCNV) :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
rumor has it that you're easy to please...
... it just has to start when you press the button and your'e happy
right?

:congrats:

lol

:)

Dennis

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
As some of you know I DID purchase a 2008 Nav Trike, Motortrike is the add on. All I can say is WOW!! Very Fun!! I know lots of "us" get grief about the trike,;)but I like it only because it is a very Unique Ride.... Taking corners and fighting G's and total Comfort make for a very enjoyable day. I took it to the DMV here in Nevada and was out of there with new plates in a half hour time, no sales tax to pay either which was great... Crusin around all day, once again, fried my just healed forearms ... oh well I will post pics of the "fleet" in a day or two!!

Matt(BCNV) :lol:
Welcome Matt! I agree wholeheartedly that much of the appeal (to me) of a trike is it's uniqueness. A couple o three years ago, I had not considered owning/riding a trike. I looked at them and saw the old H-D 'meter maid' trieks that were unsafe at above 20 mph! At about that point, I attended a "Curve Cowboy Reunion" [BMW Luxury Touring riders] in MO. A test ride on a K LT/Hannigan changed my opinion though it took a few months for me to make the move.

There's no question that trikes are different. I still like some things better about bikes and vice-versa.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Congrats on the new trike Matt and joining our little group. We do take some abuse from the 2 wheel gang from time-to-time, but, they'll come around.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Congrats Matt!! Good luck with it and enjoy!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
:congrats: Matt, keep enjoying and hurry with those pics. :thumbup: Doc

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
:congrats:

·
Registered
224 Posts
:congrats: Matt on your trike, I had wanted a trike from the first one I saw made out of a VW and actually started building one in 71 had the frame just about done and got married then other things took over and never finished it I gave it to someone who gave it to someone else. Now I have my MT that I built and have enjoyed it for about 4 yrs. now and my wife loves to ride almost as much as I do, I still have the grinn on my face every time I start it up.
Larry

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
:congrats: Matt on the trike....how's the wife lilke it....has she been on it yet?

Hope you both have many safe miles on it....enjoy and get some pictures posted.....

Be safe :thumbup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
:congrats: Matt, trikes are "cool" enjoy!!

Spencer 4 Free

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Life is G R A N D NOW :congrats: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
:congrats: Matt. Hope u enjoy your new MT!:thumbup:

·
Registered
822 Posts
new trike

Good luck with your new bike Mat, we love ours !maybe we will see ya at next years rally .post some pic.:thumbup:

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have been making "Trial" runs, Wife will be next and I will report back..... I get "Weird" feelings in high speed sweepers... but I have to get used to it.. tons of fun... Havinf an issue with a loose handlebar, bringing it in to a dealer this week, so I will have to zip around n the "two Wheeler" until I get that worked out,,,,, The wing make a great trike, pleanty of power.... gas milage is not as good but very acceptable... Pictures coming soon.. its in the 90's everday now so riding is Great!! FWIW

Matt(BCNV) :shock:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Matt, your going to enjoy the trike, best of luck with it.

Ken L.
(PS) Thanks again for the foot pegs..

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yep,,, congrats and have fun !!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts