GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... this is for a buddy in OK, who often visits DFW.

He bought a 2006 with 250,000 miles on it. We got it fixed up for him, new tires, suspension, contact cleaning, hoses checked, brakes bled, a thorough scrubdown, etc.

But, his stock heated seat feels like sitting on a board. There is little to no cushion left.

I was wondering if anyone has a stock heated seat laying around in their garage that they are wanting to get rid of. Obviously looking for a deal... otherwise he wouldn't have bought a bike with 250,000 miles on it. ;)

Anyway... if you are like me, I went through like 5 different styles of seats before I made my decision for one, and my stock seat stayed on the shelf in my garage for years before I finally got rid of it. Hoping someone is in the same boat and it looking to free up some shelf space in their garage. ;)

Let me know what you have, and how much you want for it... I'll pass on the info to him.

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
GLFlyer- Your in box is full

I have a factory heated seat, removed from my ‘08 in 2014. It had 13500 miles on it. Heat worked fine, but has not been back on since. I have a Hartco made for me, and will no longer ride the factory seat. It does not include the passenger back rest. I am in N Atlanta, and will ship it for $350.00. I will provide $300 insurance.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GLFlyer- Your in box is full
Cleaned out... thanks!

Wow... gotta love the GL1800riders forums. Got 3 possible hits (2 via PM) within only a few hours of posting.

I'll forward them to my buddy in the morning. I appreciate all of you! :thumbup:

·
Administrator
3,724 Posts
I had one that had a torn seam sitting in my garage for several years. I gave it away at my last RTE. Sorry!

Glen

·
Registered
143 Posts
Don't want to thread-jack but can I tag onto this love-fest? I'm in the same boat and in need of an excellent condition / like-new heated seat for my new to me 2007. All PM's would be graciously received if the OP has found what he is looking for. TIA!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi there Layne, I forwarded my buddy all the PM's I got as well as grayelky's post above. I think he's already made a choice.

We had some awesome folks step up... and I sincerely appreciate it, as does my buddy.

Layne, we weren't looking for "excellent/like new" condition like you are... so based on the other PM's I got and grakelky's post above... I'd have to say that grayelky's deal seem to be a pretty good one and may fit your needs.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts