GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2007 Level 5 (airbagger) with low miles but which the stock heated seat is surprisingly beat up. It looks like the PO used bungee cords to secure luggage and seat toppers. Anyways...it is pretty aesthetically marred up and the foam feels pretty hard.

I was wondering if anyone has a GEN 1 stock or aftermarket heated seat laying around in their garage that they are wanting to get rid of?

I'm not picky at all...just looking for showroom condition and a deal...LOL :laugh:

Anyway... I know a lot of guys go through different styles of seats like water before settling on one to keep and I'm hoping someone has their stocker or aftermarket (Russell Day Long, Ultimate, Wingsoft Large, Hartco, Mustang) that didn't work and is now sitting on a shelf in the garage.

The seat needs to be complete, including passenger backrest, and must be heated. Bonus points for something that would move me back a couple of inches and something that is direct plug and play that uses the bike's stock dial heat controls. PM with details and the price you are looking to get.

I sure want to get things squared away before spring arrives here in the great NW and my wife and I start piling on miles.

Thanks gents!

·
Registered
866 Posts
heated stock seat...

As luck would have it I happen to have a stock heated take off seat/backrest that I picked up when I bought My 01. My original one was pretty worn and I had planned on using this seat and wiring up the heat but then I tripped over a Corbin and I have always loved them and never used the stock seat. It has been gathering dust ever since. I haven't been on here in a while and saw your post. I Can take some pics when I get home tonight... email me at [email protected] and I will send send some pics.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I forgot to mention I also have a Utopia backrest, that was on my other seat... The newer seat has not been cut for for this yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts