GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what i've read I can no longer get updates for the Honda 2008 Navi GPS maps. The last one appears to have been in 2017. If you have that updated CF (let me know the version on the card) and want to sell it (maybe you bought a new 2018?), I'm offering $25 + shipping. Call it $30. I'll need the original vendor supplied CF media, not a copy. These are sold by Garmin for $99 but seeing as what I'm asking for is now 3+ years old and getting older all the time, I think $30 is fair. PM me if you'd like to discuss details. Tak.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
The last one for the 06-08 with 2017.10 is just being released now and anyone buying one will probably not be wanting to sell it. And 2017.10 is actually early 2016 maps. Garmin has a goofy way of labeling the updates...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The last one for the 06-08 with 2017.10 is just being released now and anyone buying one will probably not be wanting to sell it. And 2017.10 is actually early 2016 maps. Garmin has a goofy way of labeling the updates...
Oh. I just assumed the 2017 in the 2017.10 meant it was from that year. Guess I need to have another think about upgrading versus going with a brand new external unit like the Zumo, etc.

Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
124 Posts
go to http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/ to get the raw data.
After you download the data use 'Base Camp' to put it on your CF card.

You can update your own maps but will have to limit the area due to the 2MB limitations of the 2008 and earlier bikes. I use a line just west of the Mississippi, but depending on where you ride or plan to riding you can divide the map however it works for you.

There are plenty of tutorial on this web site that will teach you how to do it.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I ordered an update (2017 maps) about a month ago from Garmin for my 06 as soon as they announced they were available. They have now gone on backorder with an estimated ship date of late May.

So like many here, we are all waiting for them to ship.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts