GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Boise, Idaho and am in the market for a wing. Just sold my BMW R1150GS to make the switch.

I have been trolling all over craig's, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to post here as well. I am up for riding the bike home from almost anywhere west of the Mississippi, but closer is better I suppose.

What I am looking for:
  • Yellow or Orange preferred
  • Fewer miles the better, but under 60K is a must, I think
  • ABS is a big plus
  • more farkle is better, of course
  • comms included would be great

I am serious and have cash. I have been doing a LOT of comparisons of bikes from all over the country, so I have a good idea of what's fair. Would love to hear what you might have.

david at elegantcode . com

·
Registered
30 Posts

Search Cycletrader for Goldwings this is in Marietta, GA and the price and mileage are in your ranges...

While you are there another one in Spring, TX lower miles almost $13k tho...

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 GL1800 Candy Red - just under 8000 miles

$10750.00 GL has accessories plus new Traxxion suspension front and rear. Send email to: [email protected]et for inclusive details. Cordially Ray H. My Location: Breese IL

I live in Boise, Idaho and am in the market for a wing. Just sold my BMW R1150GS to make the switch.

I have been trolling all over craig's, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to post here as well. I am up for riding the bike home from almost anywhere west of the Mississippi, but closer is better I suppose.

What I am looking for:
  • Yellow or Orange preferred
  • Fewer miles the better, but under 60K is a must, I think
  • ABS is a big plus
  • more farkle is better, of course
  • comms included would be great
I am serious and have cash. I have been doing a LOT of comparisons of bikes from all over the country, so I have a good idea of what's fair. Would love to hear what you might have.

david at elegantcode . com

·
Registered
142 Posts
David,
If you haven't already made a deal, check out Cycletrader.com. I was in the market a month ago & found a great bargain (mine was high mileage - over 100k - but it's a Gold Wing, in great mechanical & cosmetic condition), found a shipper to transport it 1200 miles to me, and put $1000 in additional "stuff" with it, all for about $10G's. There are plenty on there that fit your specs! Check out my new ride... then go on CycleTrader.com and get yours!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So sorry, guys

I feel terrible that I haven't closed this thread already. So sorry, guys.

I should have updated the thread already, as I have purchased a wing.

I actually rode the thing home from Indiana to Boise with my 13-year old son. Sorry I forgot to update the thread.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dont be a stranger to the board. What did you end up finding?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts