GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I do realize that this is a VERY LONG SHOT, but I am hoping to find a Genuine Honda rear trunk lid spoiler(NH469M Stream Silver Metallic) for my 2003 GL1800. If anyone has one and is willing to sell, please inbox me.

Thanks!
-John

·
Registered
440 Posts
spoiler

I read that you were looking for an oem spoiler but if you can't find one I bought the spoiler for my new 2016 color matched paint last fall on e-bay from China for approx. $65. It doesn't come with the bolts or template and has the spoiler light in it. Can't tell it isn't oem and bolts can be ordered from Honda or local hardware store. I have the template and can get it to you if you go this route. Can't beat the price.

Billy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Billy for the suggestion. I'll take a look at the Ebay ones...

How was the color as far as matching your bike? Was it spot on?

-John

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have the blacked out '16 and it sure looks good to me, no one has noticed the difference. Spot on is in the eye of the beholder!

Billy

·
Chard Member
12,690 Posts

-John

Do you really expect to find a “spot on” match for 17 year old paint? Motor55 on eBay matches fine when bikes were new!

Yes, he’s a eBay seller.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you really expect to find a “spot on” match for 17 year old paint? Motor55 on eBay matches fine when bikes were new!

Yes, he’s a eBay seller.
I realize they are 15+ years old.... I just meant like if it was supposed to be red and received it and it was maroon.

Thanks for the contact info.

-John

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, well I have come to the conclusion that I’m not going to find an NOS OEM spoiler. With that said, I’m willing to take a chance on the Taiwan spoiler but they only come with a clear lens/red brake lamp. I would like a red lens so it matches the rest of my tail/brake lamps... with that said, do you think a led brake lamp unit off eBay, OEM or otherwise would be a direct fit to this spoiler?

Thanks,
-John

·
Registered
440 Posts
I would say yes due to the fact other style spoiler lights fit with no modification. I put the so cal sequential on my moto 55 and fit just fine.Billy

·
Registered
2,475 Posts

-John
Even the Honda ones are not a perfect match. Painted in a different place than the bikes.
Same as the newer cars with the plastic bumpers. I have yet to see one match.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ok, well I have come to the conclusion that I’m not going to find an NOS OEM spoiler. With that said, I’m willing to take a chance on the Taiwan spoiler but they only come with a clear lens/red brake lamp. I would like a red lens so it matches the rest of my tail/brake lamps... with that said, do you think a led brake lamp unit off eBay, OEM or otherwise would be a direct fit to this spoiler?

Thanks,
-John
I just remembered that I have an OEM spoiler for the first gen 1800's sitting on my shelf that I'd be willing to sell you cheap. It's red, so the color won't work for you, but the light is red and as far as I know it works fine. I ended up with this because I borrowed a friend's 1800 and put a scuff on the spoiler, so I bought him a new one. I tried selling this years ago, but couldn't find a buyer, so I threw it on a shelf and pretty much forgot about it. PM me if interested.

Bob

EDIT: I just realized I could probably just pull the light out if that's all you want. Would save a bit of shipping cost.
Also - the pic makes it appear that there are scuff marks on the light, but that's just due to the lighting where I took the picture. The light itself is in perfect condition.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts