GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need one (1). I can get 2 online for $12 plus shipping for $8, which bites. The Nolan helmet chin connector is apparently smaller than all other helmets (Thanks, guys!) so this has to be narrow enough to work for their helmets.

If you have an extra you never use, how does $6 sound, delivered for the price of a stamp to 45701?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
4,107 Posts
Thanks, BB. I looked at the link. Perfect for Nolan. They work with all other helmets except Shoei with the micro ratchet system. Guess what brand and type my other helmet is? LOL.
I've got a Nolan.....and a Shoei also. Maybe one of these days I can slip over and proquire a set of these. I'll keep one back for you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I made my own by taking the helmet lock extension that came with the Wing. I used an Aluminum blank and drilled the hole and hacksawed the shape. Cost me nothing because I had the aluminum
IMG_7058.JPG

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made my own by taking the helmet lock extension that came with the Wing. I used an Aluminum blank and drilled the hole and hacksawed the shape. Cost me nothing because I had the aluminum
View attachment 367035 View attachment 367035
Not too pretty but I like the DIY approach. Sure I can find something laying around to work one up. Thanks for the idea!

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Go to the hardware store and look for a stainless steel T brace in the appropriate size for your needs. Enlarge the hole in the long end to fit the helmet hook, and you're set. Probably $4 or $5 for a couple.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Best idea yet! Thanks, MountainRider.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I cut mine from an aluminum road sign. With a grinder or file you narrow the width of a regular holder to fit a Nolan. B

1 - 9 of 9 Posts