GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the part must include the locking mechanism but I don't need the actual lock and cable where the key goes. Also, the locking mechanism has a small spring between the two movable components. That spring must be there else it is useless.

Went to the Dealer today and was about to order one but he couldn't confirm to me that the part included the locking mechanism. So I asked him "when it comes in and it's not the right part or it doesn't have the locking mechanism, you can just take it back...right?" ... "oh sure, no problem " he says ... "but there will be a restocking charge if the box is opened." So I said "You can't confirm to me here and now if it includes the locking mechanism or not so when you get it, YOU open the box to ensure it's the part I want." He says "yes, but we'll still have to charge you for restocking" ...

Well by then I'd had enuf and told him where he could put his restocking charge.

(scoot is a 2003)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I looked the part up at home on my parts PDF file and it seems what the guy was tryin to sell me wasn't even the correct piece. In any event, I really only need that little spring and apparently it can be ordered in. So, cancel my WTB.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts