GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought my son a 2006 ABS wing (his first just to see if he'll likes it) but he's 6'2 and can't seem to fit on the stock seat with the standard drivers built in backrest. I have a Wingsoft Large (Heated) on my 07 and he fit's perfectly. I've already tried the Wingsoft company but they stopped doing the conversion August 2018, figures. Any help would be much appreciated, son's out of conus but soon to return, I would like for him to be comfortable when we get to ride together, Thanks.

Will consider a trade or swap for the one that's on there now( it's in excellent condition with a utopia backrest installed) or Buy yours outright including shipping

Just another Retired (8251) P-3 Flt Engineer

·
IronMan
17,627 Posts
Try searchtempest and see what shows up hartco i think still makes seat . Also have him ck midrider by ultimate moves ya back n good reviews

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Midrider saddle does NOT move the driver back.

Direct from their website:

Our Honda Goldwing GL 1800 Midrider seat is designed so you sit in the seat, not on the seat. Our Midrider seat will sit you at the same distance from the handlebars as the stock seat. This seat also sits the driver at the stock position. The driver section of the seat is 1 inch wider than the OEM seat which provides more butt and thigh support.

However...Their GL1800 Goldwing King seat is primarily designed for riders over 6' 3" and over 260 lbs and/or riders with long legs (more than a 34" inseam). Our King is 1 1/2" wider that the stock seat to provide more butt and under thigh comfort, but its nose is also narrowed down to allow correct inner thigh room. The King will sit you 1/2" higher and 1 1/2" further back from the handlebars and cowling. This allow for less bend in your knees and helps for your long distance ride comfort.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a Wingsoft Large heated seat on my 08 that I bought last year with the intent of customizing it with color matched panels. My children bought me a Ultimate seat for Father's day. its in good condition but one of the seams has started to separate. if interested send email or number and I will text pictures

Ike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts