1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did this happen?

I was bopping around the Internet last night and found this ad:

Widder Electric Vest

It says that Widder is no longer in business. Is this true? I always liked their stuff....sad. :cry:

It looks like another good company may have bitten the dust!

·
Registered
396 Posts
When did this happen?

I was bopping around the Internet last night and found this ad:

Widder Electric Vest

It says that Widder is no longer in business. Is this true? I always liked their stuff....sad. :cry:

It looks like another good company may have bitten the dust!

I've got a his & hers set. Me and my wife moved over Gerbing. If anyone is interested in sizes, I'll take offers. I'll watch my PM box over the next few days.

Off the top of my head, two vests with detachable sleeves and all the wiring. I'm 6'00" about 210 lbs...my wife is smaller.

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Yeah,and my Widder vest quit working last winter.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,791 Posts
Man, I wish my Widder vest would stop working so I could justify buying the Gerbing gear with the micro wire.....but my Widder vest with the sleeves just keeps on going and it keeps me warm. The sleeves connected to the vest really makes a big difference....usually only need less than half power or it gets too warm. I guess I could aways out grow it and use that excuse to justify buying new gear :p

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Digger I switched to Tourmaster's Synergy over the last year or so. Got a full Jacket liner, full Pants liner, Gloves and am still looking for a suitable foot warmer, either socks or insole. Synergy had some Insoles but recalled them just when mine came in, seems they had a near 100% fail rate due to ??? perhaps some problem in China or?
Other than the lack of foot warmers the Synergy has worked just great for me even in the Winter Snow-n-Ice storms with the Hack.

AFAIK Widder had some real severe issues with the Peoples Republic of California mostly related to their use of folks sewing up their product on a Piece Work basis at home. Seems that CA just wouldn't allow that and required Widder to bring all the Piece Work folks in house. They saw that the expense of a large building and the related mandated employee benefits was just too much for the a small market so like many before and after them simply opted out and shut down. :bow: :bow: P R of CA

Real BUMMER :-(

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I guess it's true then.

Sad....I always thought they were a good company.

My old-style Widder vest is well over 20 years old now, has been heavily used, and still does a great job!

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Thats what happens when you build a product that last for ever :thumbup:

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,791 Posts
Well, I guess it's true then.

Sad....I always thought they were a good company.

My old-style Widder vest is well over 20 years old now, has been heavily used, and still does a great job!
Yep, another American company out of business.....now we have to rely on the Chinese to make our gear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts