GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be Staying in Summersville Sat night into Sun, but want to go all over Wv and KY all next week. Give me some must ride roads please.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Throw a dart. I was just in WV last week rode US 50 from Parkersburg to New Creek. There is some rough areas on it. US 33 from Blackwater Falls to Elkins is pretty decent. Don't know what part of Northern Maryland you are coming out of but if you can get on US 50 easily then pick a two lane that goes south off it to Summersville and you won't be disapointed except if the roads are rough.

·
Registered
342 Posts
rts 39, 16 , 28, 219, 33, 250, smoke hole rd, 77
Yep. +2

Add Route 60 (Midland Trail)

Also worth doing if you are up to some rough narrow roads... go down to New River Gorge bridge and ride the road under it.

If you have time to kill... some attractions to check out...

Blackwater Falls
Hike to top of Seneca Rock. Short strenuous hike... but worth it.
Drive to top of Spruce Knob (WV Highest point)
Greenbank Radio Observatory
Cass Scenic Railroad
Hawks Nest SP Overlook
Greenbrier Resort tour.
Visit gristmill at Babcock State Park

·
Registered
342 Posts
Marlington, WV would be a good choice for one central location to do most. But, lack much in way of food choices.

Me, I prefer staying at two different places when I tour WV.

For the northernmost attractions, I usually stay at the Canaan Valley Resort. Clean older lodge but decent restaurant and lounge on site.

For the southern attractions, I usually stay in Fayetteville, WV. The Quality Inn has an onsite restaurant and lounge. Another good option is in Beckley, WV Quality Inn. Again, onsite food/drinks plus tons of food within walking distance.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Venturous,

The last time I stayed at that Quality Inn in Fayetteville, WV, the restaurant allowed smoking. Do you know if they have gone smokeless yet?
Admittedly it was a couple years ago so hopefully they have corrected that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts