GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-
Well folks..., it's taken a bit of time, but the "Bucks For Beverly" web site is up and running (see my sig). It's pretty basic, but I've had so many requests from folks all over the country about sending in donations that I wanted to get something going.

You'll be able to make donations through PayPal (I hope), keep up on the latest news about Beverly, and even send her e-mails. I have a few other plans up my sleeve, but more about that later. For now, I just wanted to get something going.

Check it out, make a donation, and spread the word...
-

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Brian,

Great website.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
That's great Brian, good job!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
BrianH

Sent $100.00 to Bev. in her Get Well/Birthday card. Should have got there in time for her Birthday. Great Web site you have set up.:thumbup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey Brian, great job. Donation sent.

This weekend I visited the aquarium in Panama City Beach. They have a couple pink flamingos and it made me think of Beverly. I took some pictures and then noticed in the gift shop that they had photo albums covered in pink flamingos. I bought one and it got me to thinking that something she might enjoy a little later on is a photo album she could flip through of all the folks that were wishing her well. Most of us are probably just names on the board and I thought it would be cool to create a photo album if people would donate photos with well wishes. It could be a hard copy like the pink flamingo covered one or a digital one. I was just thinking if I were confined to a hospital for a long period, I would be looking for things to do. A photo album just seems more personal and more enjoyable to flip through than a message board. What do you think?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Brian,

Donation sent via PayPal.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The question is always asked, what will the donated money be used for. There's several ideas, but Hal (Shadow1) came up with a good one. At the appropriate time (probably not for a while yet) we can use it to pay for Beverly's TV and maybe internet access in the hospital. I have to look into that.

-

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've added a few things and made a few minor modifications to the web site, so check it regularly to keep up to date. Also, I have a few new things up my sleeve as ways of showing support for Beverly, so stay tuned in. :wink:

And for those who asked, you dont need to have a PayPal account to make a donation. Through PayPal you can also make a donation with your credit card. Be sure to bookmark www.bucksforbeverly.com for quick reference.
-

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Brian...Do you mind if we use the web address outside this forum? Perhaps to share on other websites or with friends and family. Maybe even add it to our own signatures.
Absolutely! Spread the word..., the more folks that know aboutit, the better.

:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts