GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 and a friends 2006 both added Xenon lights when the bikes were new. Recently the relay failed on both. This relay is proprietary for the plug and wiring in the supplied kit having only 4 pins. I sent an email to EC asking about replacement but never got a reply. The immediate fix was to wire in a Bosch relay with spades on the plug wires so the original plug remained intact. This works but looks completely unprofessional under the seat. The relay is a Shori, S11-1A-C1-12 which isn't readily available except from Hong Kong in volume. This would provide the same relay pins. Even though not numbered, the engineering print shows the coil contacts so the wiring is easy without using an ohm meter. I'm not sure if the relay from Electrical Connection; part # 03000 is the exact replacement with plug and will fit the much older harness. I realize this has been a lengthy time since purchase but I would like to return the wiring kit to original if possible so trying to find these relays if any knows of a US vendor for Shori, 4 pin relays used for Fog Lights.

·
Registered
47 Posts
EC Relay

I had the same problem 2-3 years ago with a light kit the P.O. put on- they had the relay and it was not expensive - they were very helpful.

Alabama - is right they were much more responsive to a phone cal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts