GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, and can't believe all the great advise and information I've already received on this forum by just reading. You guys are great!!!
I just installed an XM Xpress R Satellite Radio system and have 2 questions. 1. With normal FM Stations, I usually set the volume level at around 20 with headsets. With the XM radio, in order to achieve the same level I have to increase the volume to 29. Has anyone else noticed this type of
problem? Would prefer to not run the volume at the max so is there a solution?
2. I seem to have some noise (alternator?) with the XM. I didn't notice it with an IPOD but its definitely there with the XM. Selecting the headlights to "highbeams" increases the noise 3 fold. What experience have you had with using the isolators that plug into the power circuit to eliminate this noise? Do they really work?
Thanks in advance....
Jim

·
Registered
846 Posts
Newbie here, and can't believe all the great advise and information I've already received on this forum by just reading. You guys are great!!!
I just installed an XM Xpress R Satellite Radio system and have 2 questions. 1. With normal FM Stations, I usually set the volume level at around 20 with headsets. With the XM radio, in order to achieve the same level I have to increase the volume to 29. Has anyone else noticed this type of
problem? Would prefer to not run the volume at the max so is there a solution?
2. I seem to have some noise (alternator?) with the XM. I didn't notice it with an IPOD but its definitely there with the XM. Selecting the headlights to "highbeams" increases the noise 3 fold. What experience have you had with using the isolators that plug into the power circuit to eliminate this noise? Do they really work?
Thanks in advance....
Jim
I recently installed the XM Express RC on my 08 bike.
You can go into the Express settings and turn the Line Out level up or down. In my case, I had to turn the level down to match the FM volumn.

On the Express, press Menu, select Vehicle Mode,
and press the XM button. Select Line Out, and press
the XM button. Turn the knob to increase or decrease
the level. When done, press the XM button.

I used the EC Satellite Kit made for the GL1800. It has a ground loop isolator and worked great for my application. http://www.electricalconnection.com/audio/03122.htm

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently installed the XM Express RC on my 08 bike.
You can go into the Express settings and turn the Line Out level up or down. In my case, I had to turn the level down to match the FM volumn.

On the Express, press Menu, select Vehicle Mode,
and press the XM button. Select Line Out, and press
the XM button. Turn the knob to increase or decrease
the level. When done, press the XM button.

http://www.electricalconnection.com/audio/03122.htm
Can you hear me saying "Doh" :oops:....yep, that did it. Please dont tell my SO that I didnt read ALL of the instructions....again.... Thanks Bob.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts